What the holy ****!? another 8th rant

N

Nightstalkers

I've always had a love for the Urza's lands, but with this bigger is better thing so close, and the elusive Mirrodin on its way, I'm going to bet theres something big for old urza's lands to take a hold of.

Killer Joe

You say "Urza's Lands", you mean the Mine, P-Plant & Tower?
And what exactly are you complaining about?
Sorry for the inquisition, I'm just a little confused after reading all the banter.

N

Nightstalkers

Yes, named lands with Urza in their name (i.e. Urza's Tower, Urza's Powerplant, & Urza's Mine).

I have no qualms about the reprint, just that now I have to make my old Urza's land deck T2 legal. (And track down the lands as well as their foily counterparts.)

Oh, and now I have to get myself a foily Urza's Armor as well!

N

Notepad

Why in the world does it *have* to be T2 legal? If the urge is so strong, why not just make a new T2 deck, and keep your more "classic" deck?

T

train

SeFRo - are you asking one Nightstalkers or all of them...

And I don't think he/she/they:p want the whole deck made of 8th cards - just want the 8th foil Urza's lands...;)

I

Istanbul

Story Circle always should have been rare. It's VERY powerful.

But printing Story Circle and the COPs in the same set was pointless. They should have left the COPs out (if you don't have enough, tell me, I'll send you as many as you can handle) and kept Story Circle.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Istanbul
Story Circle always should have been rare. It's VERY powerful.

But printing Story Circle and the COPs in the same set was pointless. They should have left the COPs out (if you don't have enough, tell me, I'll send you as many as you can handle) and kept Story Circle.
Agreed. The CoP's have always been sideboard cards. The only time I've seen them main-decked is a couple of peppermint and Pestilence decks. Otherwise, they're just about as valuable as Laces...

-Ferret

"Although, I've used Laces in conjunction w/ CoP's in the past..."

T

train

I think the CoP - Sleight thing was always a reason to main deck... but i don't rule the world with Blue anymore...

Speaking of Ruling the world - Worlds was once again ruled by Blue...:rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like someone said, I think the CoP's are more for the Limited environment than Constructed.

Yeah, I saw that about Worlds too :)

Ferret

Staff member
I just read the World's coverage and What a surprise! Blue came away as the dominant colour. Of course, they required the help of Green and White to assist their victories (Wake should be restricted!).

Despite the fact that Blue was supposed to have been castrated by 8th they're still finding ways to stay the strongest of the colours...

...so once again, I say that Blue will always be the strongest colours. They have the best evasion creatures (flyers) and the way to shut down any other colour (permission). Sure, the other colours have been given recent boosts, but all that does is give Blue more "supporting" cards...

-Ferret

"Seeking an end to the Blue madness..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know... from the WOTC article, all that's mentioned is Mana Leak, Circular Logic, Rewind, Syncopate, Cunning Wish, Stifle, and Envelop. Oh, and Aquamoeba. That's 8 blue cards out of how many in the environment? I wouldn't say it's dominating, just not flat-lined like apparently people were saying it was.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maybe with the combination of Mirrodin and 8th...

N

Notepad

8E blue is weak-ER, and that is it. I made a U/W deck out of 8E and it works great for casual, and the blue component is the control part, which still works pretty well.

N

Nightstalkers

Most Nightstalkers go for the best and quickest strategy, I for one, love the old plays that always get these new people.

Thusly, I'm going to update my Urza's Land deck into a T2 deck while looking for the lands (also in peppermint foil flavor!)

T

train

Surprisingly...

WoTC didn't smack them for this...

spidey - though it is old, and WoTC explained it - they were proabbly digging through older emails - if they haven't had a new ones, and had to have some material on the site for reading - so this was it...:rolleyes: ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if "he" was the person here that was interested; I'm sure it was a common question among the thousands of Magic players :)

T

train

I can't say I've ever met "he"...

But I enjoy reading the ask columns... even if I already know the answer...