What just became more powerful?

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by Mikeymike, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Which cards from Masques Block just became more powerful with the departure of Saga and the arrival of Invasion. Think of which cards you have wanted to build a Type 2 deck around that with the old environment, you couldn't before.

Distorting Lens--So many cards in Invasion (and Masques) are very color dependent. Color protection, color targeted effectsThis card will definitely be making its way back into T2.

Bribery--Slower games usually means bigger creatures (to steal). Oh, you're trying out the new Dragon Legend? You don't mind if I snag that do you?

Wake of Destruction--People underestimate this card, and I can't understand why I ownly rarely saw it in a rebel deck. It is the perfect fit. Besides, creatures are going to be more abundant.

Dark Ritual--This may seem stupid, but there isn't that much fast mana in the enviro now. A turn 4 Evincar or turn 3 Void is a huge play.

Death Pit Offering--With the new Living Deathesque cards in Invasion, sacking your creatures doesn't seem as scary anymore.

Mageta--Lots of creatures, his speed isn't as big a hindrance anymore.

Avatar of Woe--He is the baddest fattie in T2 right now, and with the new recursion cards, filling the graveyard doesn't seem like such a big stretch.

Citadel of Pain--Multi-colored decks will have a tough time against an early Citadel.

Spontaneous Generation--With the new emphasis on Saprolings, maybe this card will gain the attention it deserves. It has won many games for me.

What do you think? :eek: