What is the easiest way to win?

G

Gerode

1. Draw cards out of you library.
2. Put them onto the playing table.
3. Turn those cards sideways several times.

-----

That's a very hard question to answer...

D

Dementia

Gerode I disagree.

Drawing cards is a sure way to get decked(go on and do it if you wanna hand your opponent the game)

A better strategy would be to throw down a Bargain or Recycle not draw any cards and wait for your opponent to foolishly and recklessly continue to draw cards until they deck themselves.

They'll do it to, because you'd be surprised how few players put draw prevention spells in thier decks. FOOLS.

G

Gizmo

Naw, Gerode has it right.

1. Draw a card.
2. Put it into play.
3. Activate your 'Legends Of The Five Rings' Step (turn all cards sideways and shout Banzaiii!)
4. Repeat from 1.

Easiest way to win, simoply. Play monsters - plenty of small guys at 2cc and a few fat guys furrther up, and then plenty of removal spells or burn spells. If all your cards are either creatures, removal, or direct damage, then your deck is going to be solid in a very basic way.

The art of winning is very complicated - the true answer to your question is that the best way to win is to find out what the best deck is at the moment, and then learn how to play it perfectly. But for starters play monsters and kill your opponent`s monsters.

Z

Zadok001

I'm shocked no one has mentioned bribes! :)

An old favorite of mine is making my opponent bang their head against the table because of ruling issues, eventually leaving them in a coma, and winning by default.

You have to play combos in Extended, though...

D

Duel

Play against Jonas.

Jonas: Island
Me: Island
Him: Island, Paradigm shift
Me: (Grab paradigm shift and look at it, puzzled. It says, essentially, remove your library from game and replace it with your graveyard. I shrug) Ok.
Him: Gush?

Yes, that IS decking yourself on turn 2.

D

Dead

Play Full English Breakfast and confuse you opponent into conceding :)

Seriously tho, that's a rather deep question. It depends on how you play- obviously in a duel you need a very different approach to multiplayer- for example, barring a serious mishap turn 2 hatred kills are achieveable in a duel, but try surviving a multiplayer on 1 life when tapped out and having just demonstrated your ability to cause serious damage.

My personal favourite victory technique is milling (making your opponent die through having no cards in library) as it's a lot harder to disrupt- experienced players can easily deal with a creature horde and white can ruin the day if you decide to play burn. However, in multiplayer decking 5 others is a fair challenge (enter the altar of dementia), so maybe an 'i win' combo such as horned kavu / pandemonium / aluren is worth trying (at least the first time, expect to get pounded from then on), or have fun alternative win conditions- beyond coalition victory or celestial convergence, there's poison creatures- impressive with mind over matter and hermetic study and able to dispose of multiple players in one sweep.

F

fuzzy510

Step 1: Take opponent's deck.
Step 2: Put opponent's deck in plastic bag.
Step 3: Put plastic bag in nearest trash can. (The taller, the better.)

G

Gizmo

Or you could use our old anti-Stasis sideboard - Chair Leg.

Whenever our opponent played a Stasis lock on us we would stand up, yank a leg of our chair and use it beat our opponent into unconsciousness, then while everybody else was still engrossed in their rounds we would drag the body out back and stuff it into the trunk of the car, so that nobody would be any the wiser.

We`ve still got four of the guys who we beat by Chair Leg locked in the shed, although one of them died last week and is really starting to stink out the far end of the garden.

U

Ura

step 1:Go to hardware store and buy lighter fluid and matches
step 2: spray said fluid on opponents deck (preferably in sleeves so you don't ruin his cards)
step 3: Hold lit match over said fluidy cards and make him concede for safe return of the hostages.
step 4: If step 3 fails, get some hot dogs and an unfolded coat hanger, you may as well eat while you watch him scramble for a bucket of water. ;)

of course I'm kidding about lighting things on fire, its much easier to just pretend to spill a coke. :D

Otherwise its easiest to play monster, then bigger monster, and even bigger monster while giving smack down to the first unfortunate mageling in your line of sight.

F

fuzzy510

I think there's a rule banning Pyromaniacs from DCI tournaments.

I

Istanbul

For simple mindless (and legal) ways of winning, I'll have to go with Burn.

Spend mana. Shoot opponent. Repeat until dead (or Ivory Mask is cast).

C

Cateran Emperor

Lock your opponent outside, then win after the time limit passes and your opponent still isn't there.

T

train

I have to agree with Spidey's original answer - concession, by your opponent, after beating them senseless...

M

Mikeymike

Tell your opponent he or she is playing Magic, but then hand them a Spellfire deck. Sucker born every minute.

B

BigBlue

When your opponent offers you their deck to cut, pull out your knife and cut their cards. You don't actually have to cut through them. Put your knife away, then call a judge to DQ them for their obviously marked deck.