what is Rhinoseeker? can someone post a list?

B

BigBlue

I posted a partial summary in the discussion of it on the main board and got utterly chastised for it, so I won't repost that here...

But it's pretty easy to figure out if you think about it. C'mon it's Crash of Rhinos and Stormseeker... Don't the ideas flow naturally from one another? The synergy between them is one of the most elegant in all of magic.

And just so everyone is on the same page.... This is very tongue in cheek. :D :p

H

Hetemti

Rhinoseeker is tech from the Future Future Future Future League. Using reprints from 10th Edition, Rhinoseeker has been identified as the perfect deck.

Rumors started when a partial decklist was leaked when Mark Rosewater started talking about how he wrote for Roseanne and the first letter of each sentence, when descrambled, formed card names. As soon as "Forest" was decoded, we knew we had a power house coming down the pike, but no one was ready for what was to come next.

Using the same technique on Mark's article about why leaks are supposedly bad, Crash of Rhinoes and Stormseeker were decoded.

Forest, Crash of Rhinoes, Stormseeker. Sure, that's a menace to Type 2, but those cards already are in Vintage. The strongest combo since Lifeforce and Dandan was about to turn Type 1 inside out and whomever figured out the rest of the decklist first would win the 2004 Vintage Magic Moneyfest Spectacular and be awarded the golden-yellow shine of an Oscar Tan (Oscar ©AMPAS) from the Tan-and-Wash in Boston just south of Melville's Seafood.

Unfortunately, you can't find any verifiable info on the real decklist other than Forest, Crash of Rhinoes, and Stormseeker. People who know other cards intentionally seed lies into the rumor mill to keep people from learning their Secret Tech.

I'll give one hint though, since I play not for glory and melanin. While "Stormseeker" was decoded only once, "seeker" was found twice, leading many to think that there are two in the deck. I suspect that Stormseeker will be restricted to try to give other decks at least register their decks before they lose, and that Seeker will be used in the deck. That way, Stormseeker can't be blocked except by White and/or Artifact creatures.

N

Notepad

Hemeti is quite right about the future version of Rhinoseeker. I find it quite ironic he mentioned 10th Edition will be the debute of the strongest build of the deck...when that is the same edition that will be just released when I finally get to go back to the DCI. How kind of them.

However, the current build for the modern metagame is like this:

Rhinoseeker v2.0
30x Chromium
10x Swamp
10x Island
10x Plains

You see, you have to use wishes to get the Crash or Rhinos and Stormseeker into your hand. But you can afford to wait because all those Chromiums will stall the game out for you. Its like he's unkillable, there's so many of him.

Unfortunately, my own build, "California Rhinoseeker" is not going so well. None of it matters, though, as somebody pointed out that the deck is not actually legal for Type I!!!

Thus, the great Vintage pros out there are working on Rhinoseeker v3.0, which will likely have to water down the gamebreaking Chromium strategy by putting the Rhinos and Seeker right into the deck itself, rather than leaving them in the sideboard to be wished for. I have a feeling Affinity will play a part in it as well, with Glasses of Urza being one of the mainstay cheap artifacts.

As top secret development of v3.0 goes on (rumored to be at Brainburst, or even possibly by the sages or Magic at Pojo.com), the rest of us playing community have to wonder what type of powerhouse will come out and wreck the game for anybody who can't afford Original Mirage Crash of Rhinos cards.

And for the record, BigBlue's suggestion of a Standard-looking Rhinoseeker deck was funny as a joke, but for the rest of us who were being serious about figuring out what v3.0 will be, we were sort of ticked he didn't save those comments for the off topic forum. Sorry though, BigBlue. Just a little frazzed because its such a matter of life and death, ya know...

B

BigBlue

Well, actually it was smoke, mirrors, cloak, and dagger...

I was hoping to throw them off my tail long enough to get back to HQ without a tail...

The Rule of Five will keep you alive.

Fnord. Fnord.

M

mythosx

I think some on leaked this information too soon. Cuz I just went to the local card store and they were all out of both cards. DAYAM YOU INTERNET. Anyone have spares they would be willing to part with for 10 bucks a piece? When I asked if they had the two cards at the shop the shop keeper looked at me funny. Then I found out he spoke only japanese. So I turned to the other shopkeeper who spoke broken english. He just laughed at me. Said I should have came around here a month ago. I think Sean's letter sparked something. Now ever where I go they don't have either of the two cards in Japan.

T

train

yeah - rhino-seeker might take worlds by storm if they run it vintage...

R

Reverend Love

Teh Rinhro S33kar is teh shiat BIOTCH! buT u-R n3wb skUmm0rs s0 on teh oF L1m1t5....

w0rd!!!!!1

M@d FaT [h1c k1LLA!

M

Master Shake

This deck sounds bad ass, I wish I could build a deck like it...

I am still working on perfecting the Thallid-Avatar deck.

N

Notepad

Hmm, I think you may be onto something there!!

I just do believe that Thallids may be the early game threat that Rhinoseeker needs to live to the end game in 2003/4. Maybe by 2007 they'll have some better cards, but now it seems Thallid is the key and ONLY choice we got!!!

N

Notepad

Pysche!

Well, not really. I was looking for news of the latest sweep Rhinoseeker made during the Pro Tour on CNN. Bad thing is, I fell asleep after I turned it to the music channels and laughed myself to sleep while watching Lil Jon yell "WHAT!?" fifteen million times.

So I was wondering, has anybody else seen news of Rhinoseeker on CNN?

T

train

I saw it...

Looked like the Rhino's seeker was up Kerry's behind...

"Never seen a rhino mount a man like that before...":eek:

N

Notepad

You mean the deck snuck off and hit the campaign trail?!? :eek:

Oh, that would explain it missing from my deck box. I will watch Headline News and see if they rerun the clip on Rhinoseeker then. Hopefully Larry King will interview it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've heard rumors that someone named "Rhinoseeker" is rampaging through Eastern Africa as well. This deck may have an agenda which includes total world domination...

N

Notepad

...or it could just be looking for more Rhinos to fill the sideboard.

T

train

"Alligators in the sewers..." - go drew barrymore...

"Rhinoseekers in the democrats..." - go train...:D

N

Notepad

Dre Barrymore is related to the alligators in the sewers? Geez...

That would explain her drug problem, and the subsequent hunger for Tom Green. And that whole burning down her house for insurance thing. Alligators do that all the time in Mississipi, I hear.