What I'm up to...

C

Chaos Turtle

...is a little bit of writing. Bitten by the bug, so to speak, and here's the first piece of, uhm... litterature... that I've turned out.

Feedback is appreciated. Mainly, what I'm interested in, is whether the writing/story is interesting enough to make a well-read fantasy/sci-fi/horror/mystery/whatever reader really really want to know more.

Be honest. I'd like to make this into a full-time thing, and while gratuitous praise can be intoxicating, it's not always helpful. (But don't be too mean! ;))

It's in .txt format so it should show fine in whatever word-cruncher you use.

Attachments

D

Dementia

I don't know if you want me to be looking at this from a readers perspective or a critics perspective, but I guess it doesn't really matter since I couldn't be a critic if I wanted to. I just know what I like, not why I like it:)

As a reader all I can tell you is that if I read the start to a book like that I would finish it. It REALLY got me interested in it right off the bat.....just hope you can live up to the mystery you set up.

You better at least finish that story so I get to read the rest of it!

D

DÛke

...don't read many things, only because not many books interest me. I've only read 3 books because of my own will, because I wanted to: Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad, and...<cough>...2 MtG novels, book I and II, the MM and Nemesis novels, respectively.

I quite enjoyed reading both of these books...the common thing I found about them is that they grab my attention, and never let go...something lotta things in this world can't do. The 2 particular MtG books that I read, I read because I wanted to know more about the storyline I already knew about. Besides, with Takara being in book I, and Belbe being in book II, who could resist? :D

Your script, Chaos Turtle, has grabbed my attention, and...it didn't let go at all. You didn't waste your time with needless adjectives...you let MY mind build up the environment, while you just hinted at it - a quality I truly admire in reading. You were right to the point, yet...still had enchantment in the writing.

I liked your script, and you know me...I don't lie about what I hafta say. :)

A

Apollo

Hmmm... interesting. I'm thoroghly confused, but that's what the rest of the book is for, I suppose.:)

Hehe, Terapin Lake:)

Paragraphs! Please!