What good Are Ticking Gnomes?

A

What good are Ticking gnomes most black decks seem to be running them now a days but to me the seem to suck.
3 mana for a 3/3 that deals one damage and has echo.
This seems to suck am
I missing something here?

I shall Smite the light.
-Dark Avatar

T

theorgg

well, dark avatar, If you cannot smite the light of day, you may want to corpse dance those little ticks so you can win without blowing away everything with a disk to get rid of the light of day.

and there too big for masticor, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

Z

Zadok001

I don't like 'em much either. They look terrible on paper, but you've got to try 'em to see how they work. The main thing is, they're colorless, meaning they're invulnerable to a lot of stuff killing off creatures now-a-days. The fact that they sack themselves makes them immune to control effects. And, hey, they're 3/3. Not to small. Good offense, good defense.

I really don't like them much, but I respect them. They're better than they look.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

D

Dune Echo

I just hate the damn picture. I love the card. It's cool! But the picture sucks! Also, I some how picked 9 of them in 2 boxes and only 3 Tinkers. What's wrong with this picture. Personally, I like the Ticking Gnomes way better than the stupid Shock Troops. The T.G. isn't as versatile as Mogg Fanatic but at least it's an efficient creature! If you don't own Masticores, Ticking Gnomes are a nice alternative. Yeah, they can still be Treacheried if you don't sacrifice them, but, they're 3/3 for 3 mana and echo. Nice in a green deck for someone without tons of cash lying around.

"Hmm... I have Apprentice now... Can I make a deck to beat Ed's Tide-plasm?"