What do you think about the "new cpa?"

D

Duster

Do you hate it all together?
Do you just dislike the color scheme?
Do you dig the new layout and format?
Do you love it all like me?

I'd like to see whether everyone really dislikes it, or if only people that have spoken about it have been against it, if you know what I mean. Basically, if you like the "new cpa" let us know.

Yeah, I'm D

N

nodnarb24

I like the layout but i HATE the color scheme. ORANGE AND BLACK RULES!!!

E

Elrond

I like the new layout, but hate the new color scheme. Oh well, I'll get used to it eventually.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's strange. Like Martha Stewart meets my room. evil thought. head hurting. ARGH!!!!!!!!

Ransac, head still hurting

S

sageridder

Was anyone really so unhappy with the old page?I think the new colors kill a lot of the ascii stuff,and a bunch of it won't line right anymore.Just my two denars.

H

Hetemti

I think my opinion is clear.

And if it's not...

1) Go to that little room you have with the Great Porcelan Chair.
2) Near it is a cylender of dead trees. Insert the tab from that cylender into the aquatic basin of the Greap Porcelan Chair.
3) Depress the Chrome Trigger.
4) Watch.
5) Repeat 2 until said cylender vanishes.
6) Tell me how to spell cylender. I be stoopid. Me fail engrish? That unpossible.

S

sageridder

Dear ED,
might be more than I thought but of active players adders and contributers.I don't belive.I can't stand it good bye.

J

Jaws10387

Huh? Your leaving?
Goodbye:(
There will always be a place for you here.

Eveyone should know my opinion by now.

Z

Zadok001

You know, I remember when the Dojo changed colors like this, early in my Dojo-surfing days. It was hell, no one liked the new color combinations and basically it got ignored and dissed by every member of the forums. Ya' know what? The new design was almost unquestionably better.

We're all simply _used_ to Orange and Black. Blue, grey and white is different, and right now, we aren't used to it. But we will be. Already, I'm getting used to the different colors and layouts, and I still think the scheme is better. At first, the difference was annoying. It kinda hurt my eyes.

Give it time. Trust me, this layout is at least on-par with the old one, if not superior. It's good. Different, but good. Stick around a few weeks, keep posting. If you still don't like it, then there may be a problem. But if you just give it a chance to get used to it, you'll start to like it. Trust me. The least you can do is give it more than a day.

If I'd abandoned the Dojo in a day, I wouldn't be here today.

D

Darsh

Well said Zadok, well said. I know I'm getting to like the new one better than the old, great work Ed!:)

N

Namielus

Dave (Zadok) has a good point, what is yelling at ed gonna do? he isn't gonna change it back. He also is adding new features like the chat room. Ed is our friend, or at least mine he has done lots of work for us. He doesn't need to be critisized for something he doesn't need to do.

About the color scheme, we could also give him ideas about the [*me][/me] tags. And people change your sigs to match the scheme.

The text is now much easier to read, and the site looks much more proffessional. Its the future, restitacnce is futile, camplaining will not change it back.

Keep up the good work Ed.

A

Apollo

Well, the layout isn't awful, anymore (thanks to Nameilus). I can live with that. But I hate the color scheme. I'm not gonna leave over it, but I don't care for it.

Oh, and I'm undecided about that that Magic Obsession banner at the top. I can't figure out if I love it as the last bastion of the orange and black color scheme, or just think it contrasts really badly with the new colors.

[Edited by Apollo on 10-11-00 at 11:03 PM]

S

Sleepy

I can live with the layout but I hate the new colors. we look like the dojo or MTGnews now. also what happened to the end of Namelious's post? he went really bold there and I dont think he meant to!

A

Almindhra

The layout is fine...The colours are 'ehh'...But I want to talk about quality of graphics...Thats something most people pick up on...And you can tell if a site is well developed or not by their graphics...Or at least I do...

I think the new graphics look cheesy and cheap...The column on the left side has a bleh font...The CPA logo anyone can make with a swip of their a** on toilet paper...The New Thread, New Reply icons are cheesy too...And it seriously looks like every other message board out there on the web...

I think the old look just looked very well polished...The CPA logo then had a great font and the fire-like backround behind it was gorgeous...The icons on the main page went with the CPA logo and they looked great...

All in all, main word is cheep and cheesy...Oh wait, thats two words...:D...I'll never accept this new layout compared to the old one...Ed, you're great, and I don't mean to offend you, just some honesty here...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
more of these type threads in different forums...

So far I still like the old way better, but as Zadok said it's probably because I was just used to it. Layout's okay; I still like having the whole message thread across my screen than the empty white to the left as you scroll down. Colors are okay too, though I also liked the black/orange/red (and hey, I just like red period).

Ed: You need to expand more when you post :). Can you go into more detail about why the old layout was bad? Also, it might help other people understand the reasoning behind the change.

G

galtwish

It is a lot cleaner and easier to read. It is also a bit more sterile. Additionally, when writing a post, the screen scrolls annoyingly, as the Magic Obsession sidebar prevents the whole CPA site from being viewed at once. Not critical, but personally irritating. Its not like you see me quitting the CPA over it.

Erik

B

Baskil

You'd think that this was a new magic expansion with all of the people hating it.