What Casting Costs?

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

This may be a goofy idea, but it would be fun in multiplayer and even more fun if it actually worked in a duel.

The basic idea below is to play most of your creatures for free using their ACC. How do you cast all your Legates for free, you ask? Mystic Compass! I need some help with the synergy here, so if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

"What Casting Costs?"
Colors: White/Blue/Green
Description/Theme: See above.
Tournament Format: ?

White:
4 Cho-Arrim Legate
2 Enlightened Tutor

Blue:
4 Saprazzan Legate

Green:
4 Land Grant
4 Rancor
4 Rushwood Legate
4 Skyshroud Cutter
4 Vine Dryad
2 Worldly Tutor

Artifacts:
4 Mystic Compass

I need more filler from there. I'd like a way to make the creatures stronger. Glorius Anthem maybe? Any ideas out there?

G

Gryphonclaw

Mystic compass, obscure artifact that changes a land to a land of any sort, very underappreciated.

Ok, for filler you want to pump your creatures?
How about Invigorate? Great for creature battles, and works with the theme.
And how about Refreshing rain? 6 life for 1 mana.

Wups, gotta go, so this'll have to be incomplete.

M

Major Crime

For pump fillers how about the Embrace enchantment creature cards from Urza's Saga. Are uncommons.
White's is Serra's Embrace WW2, +2/+2, flying, does not tap to attack.
Green's is Gaea's Embrace GG2, +3/+3, Trample, G:Regen'.
Blue's is Zephid Embrace BB2, +2/+2, flying, cannot be target of spells or abilities.
Use white on any first strikers to make an attacker & defender who will stay around for a while.
Green for attackers.
Blue for any creature you want to keep around. :)

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD!

I like those ideas! That's really cool. I wonder if it's possible to make a viable deck of entirely free spells (and I'm not talking Rewinds, Kobolds, and Ornithopters here).

Anyone want to help me with some ideas?