What about the future type II?

F

FoundationOfRancor

What cards will be banned? Im talking about when INVASION replaces US block. Will port and lin sivvi be banned? Will waters? Your thoughts on this matter?

A

Apollo

My thoughts? We haven't even seen Invasion yet, for god's sake! Who knows, maybe cards in Invasion will make the others useless.

In short, who knows?

G

Gizmo

Invasion appears, from rumours and discussions I have had with people in the design team, to be a set that will give a lot to tournament players in the same way that Tempest did. As such it will probably render much of the overcosted crap from Masques Block obsolete [Is that the word you're looking for? -Dune Echo] and so I don`t believe that cards such as Sivvi, Port or Waters will come to dominate the environment in a way that requires them to be banned.

V

VoLRaTH

Typell is a money trap for new magic players (WotC is geting richer with these money traps)And Typell has no future for me There is no banned cards for me (im not playing in tournoments)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Port and Lin Sivvi aren't even banned in Type II now so I'm pretty sure they're not going to get banned in the future unless something DRASTIC happens when Invasion rotates in and UB rotates out.

To echo the famous Apollo, "Who knows?"

D

Duel

Another tempest? Hell yes! Now just say they're bringing back shadow.

"Please, god, let them bring back shadow!"

G

Gizmo

"Obselescent"
I can`t believe it - I`m turning into Edge and Christian! The second I mention the word 'Magnitutions' you have permission to strap me to a rocket and blast me into deep space - it`s for my own good!

I can`t believe I`m the same person who got 100% for his English Language A-Level course just four years ago.
:(

P

Purple_jester

To go back to the core question of this thread, I personally don't believe that Lin Sivvi or Rising Waters will be banned. There won't be anything resembling a Rebel in the entire Invasion block, because WOTC R&D sepcifically said that from now on, they'll avoid mechanics that require you to shuffle your deck every turn (wastes a lot of tourney time). The only color that has a really tough time handling Lin Sivvi is red, and if I know Mr. Garfield and his previous influence in Tempest, red's gonna have a field day in Invasion. Maybe there will be a new burn-type instant or sorcery that removes destroyed creatures from the game, like Disintegrate.

Rising Waters is simply an overcosted blue Winter Orb. It's overcosted because it's blue (this is one color that most people agree should be kept slow), and because it's an enchantment, making it less vulnerable than the artifact Orb. It slows games down, but that's what blue control is all about. Besides, it is no more overpowered than Replenish is, and you don't see the banning of that ever being an issue, do you?

Now, the Rishadan Port is another issue. The theme of Invasion is to bring back the multi-colored decks. A lot of people want that to happen. If they find out that Port interferes with this intention too much, then they will ban it. If they make the set such that the Port is no longer as dominant, then they won't ban it. If you look at the rumors, they all say that Invasion will have cards that can handle Port. For example, one of the most prevalent rumors is that they're reprinting Wasteland.

They won't make the environment any slower than it actually is. The new mechanic can only make decks more versatile, though not up to the speed we were used to back in the days of Tempest. If anything, the up and coming Type 2 will certainly be much more interesting than the last. We won't have to deal with decks based mostly on rares anymore (Tinker anyone?).

To be honest though, I'm not really affected too much by this set cycling thing. I rarely play in tournaments, and I never use Type 2 for my casual decks. Too limiting for a casual player, you know. ;)

N

nanokill

:eek: when invasion comes out we will know the answer. when it comes out what reason would there be to ban the card(they aren't banned in this type2 right now)and until we know what cards are in the set don't jump to conclusions about the errata and the banned list:rolleyes:

S

Sleepy

i don't play in tournaments so i don't care if they ban them or not.