Werewolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chaos Turtle

I just learned about this game (you can too!) from Brian Kibler's "Mini-Colony" article and it sounds like something both fun and do-able in a message board format.

It would require nine players, two of whom would be randomly and secretly selected to be Werewolves, and one of whom would be the Seer.

Before each "day" begins, the Werewolves would choose their victims (who were killed the night before) and the Seer would choose a player to "Divine the knowledge of." Then the Moderator (me) would tell the Seer whether or not the person he/she chose is a Werewolf.

When the "day" begins, I would reveal the names of the victim(s), then the Players would decide who they suspect of being a werewolf and "hang" that player.

I'd like to do this with the Werewolves and Seer giving their choices to me via PM by Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings. I would then be able to post results by Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, thereby giving at least 2 full days for the townsfolk to do their debating (and hopefully make it easier for those not able to log on daily to get in on the action.

Slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and the game can begin as soon as we have 9 players. The game is mathematically unlikely to last more than 2 weeks (2-3 players are eliminated per "day") so it's a nice length for those not wanting to get into a long drawn-out affair.

Any takers? Any questions? Post here.

G

Gerode

I'm in.

I've played this game before, by a few different names. I know it as "Mafia", but I'm not sure how many other people know it by that.

C

Chaos Turtle

Splendid, we are almost halfway there...
Recruit more players, my minions! ;)

R

rkoelsch

I'll play. not that I'll know what I'm doing but I can be a victim as well as the next person.

T

theorgg

Hell Yea! I'm up!

If I don't check in for a little while, though... assume I'm moving... and feel free to kill me...

Also, I think the wereguys pick ONE guy to kill.

C

Chaos Turtle

Ransac
sageridder
Spiderman
Gerode
rkoelsch
nodnarb24
theorgg
EricBess

That's eight, just one to go...
In case it's not clear, I should mention that the secret selections will be done via PM, so be sure your Private Messaging option is on. :)

Also, according to the "official" rules, Orgg is right. The Werewolves will need to decide between themselves whom to kill each day, then give me their decision; there will be only one victim per game day.

Also, the game will begin Monday, even if we go with 8, and there is no longer a limit to the number of players.

Addtional note: I am working out the details of a somewhat more complex (and fun) variant better-suited for message board play, if there is interest in another version when this one is finished.

J

Jigglypuff

Can I get in?? Can I can I can I??? If I can still get in, I'd like to play.

(- Steve -)

(By the way, I'll be back at home in a few hours.)

C

Chaos Turtle

But of course! :)

Sign-up cutoff is midnight Sunday night (my time, GMT -5:00).

T

theorgg

Also, if a group ever meets up in Magic Online, this game would work VERY well!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have to drop out. I just remembered that, due to my parents wanting to take the family on an up the coast excursion for the next ten days, my time on the thread would be significantly dwindled.

Count me out. Sorry.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Status
Not open for further replies.