Werewolf (Pre-Game)

C

Chaos Turtle

Here are the official rules for this round of CPA Werewolf:

On Monday, I will post a complete list of players. I will secretly inform each player of their randomly-chosen role in the game. The possible roles are:

Werewolf
Ordinary Villager
Seer

There will be 2 Werewolves and one Seer. Each Werewolf will know who the other Werewolf is, and it will be up to them to communicate with one another to decide which Villager to kill.

By the end of the Night (midnight, my time*) I must have from each Werewolf the name of the Villager whom they wish to kill. If the Werewolves do not agree, no Villagers will be killed.

Also by the end of Night, the Seer must PM me with the name of the Villager whom he/she wishes to know the truth of. I will PM the Seer and tell him/her whether the chosen person is a Werewolf or an ordinary Villager.

Tuesday will be a "Day." At the beginning of the Day, the Night's unfortunate victim will be revealed. During the Day, the surviving Villagers (including the Werewolves and Seer) will debate who they think ought to be hung as a Werewolf. To vote, just name your choice in a post to the thread. If you change your mind before the end of the day, either post again with a new name, or edit your previous post. If you vote for more than one person, whoever you name in your most recent post is who your vote will count toward.

At the end of the Day, I'll post the final decision, and that Villager will be hung. Note that you will not know whether that Villager was a Werewolf or not (unless some surly ex-player decides to spoil the fun by telling). Then the cycle begins anew.

The game ends either when both Werewolves have been killed, or the Villagers no longer outnumber the Werewolves.

If there are any questions, or if anything is unclear, please post here and I'll answer, clarifying the rules if neccessary.

To sign up: visit the "Werewolf?" thread in this forum.

Thanks and have fun killing each other! :D

(*I am in USA Eastern Time Zone. It is almost 1:00 am [GMT -5:00] as I post this, so you can figure out the difference by doing the math.)

Player List (there's still time to join):

sageridder
Spiderman
Gerode
rkoelsch
nodnarb24
theorgg
EricBess
Jigglypuff

T

theorgg

Question: Is the seer allowed to reveal they are the seer? If so, can another pretend to be the seer?

:D

C

Chaos Turtle

The identity of the Seer is secret, so any player can claim to be the Seer, but who can prove it? ;)

E

Erbrich

Missed it..drats...you'll have to do this again...this is just like one of my favorite party games that we play quite often, "Mafia".

C

Chaos Turtle

I am hoping that there will be interest in a second round. I am tweaking the rules and considering some variants to make it both easier to play on a message board, and even more intriguing.