Werewolf: Night Three

J

Jigglypuff

Spidey,

I never had to pick a third victim. We killed off theorgg on the first night, then we lynched sageridder. On the second night, we killed EricBess for trying to finger you. Then we lynched Gerode. Since we were no longer outnumbered, we just rose up and slaughtered everyone else.

(- Steve -)

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Istanbul
Is another game of this in the making or no?
Yes.
I've been trying to balance out some of the effects of the variant we'll be using, but haven't had a whole lot of time just lately (sorting cards is such a pain; at least the playtesting has been fun).

Also, Spiderman has a new game starting up next week, so I'll probably wait at least until the following week to start mine.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, you can start next week. In fact, since I'm gone anyway Monday and Tuesday, that'll give you a couple of days (unless you want me in :p )

C

Chaos Turtle

Of course I want you in! I want everybody in! I'll start the official sign-up thread next week, along with a proposed schedule and the updated rules.

T

theorgg

Will Wolf ever happen here again? We probably need at least thirteen people signed up for best effect...

C

Chaos Turtle

Not run by me any time soon, unfortunately. I'm moving in a couple of weeks, and I don't know how long I'll be offline.

Sorry for not getting this going sooner. My time has been in a major crunch for a few months.

Of course, I don't own this game, so feel free to start it up again without me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play again if someone wants to start it up; I'm not too familiar with it so I don't know if I can do it myself :)

L

Limited

Nevertheless, I would be up for a game of Werewolves.. Any takers?

S

sageridder

Get enough players and i'm in I thought it was much fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think only theorgg or Chaos Turtle can run it; I'm not familiar enough with it to run.

Do a search on Werewolf to see what the game this thread was referring to. There's several threads: Werewolf: Day 1, Werewolf: Night 1, and the same for day 2 and night 2. Also a pre-game thread and a Werewolf question thread.

L

Limited

I've played a couple of times.. you know, in real life.

Basic layout: There is one dude overseeing the game, the other players are villagers. Some of the villagers happen to be Werewolves and will eat one of the villagers every night. The werewolves win if they outnumber the villagers.
During the daytime all players may communicate suspicions and make accusations towards other players and thusly try to find out who the Werewolves are.
After debating it, the village votes to put someone to death. The next night, the werewolves get to eat someone again etc..

I would be willing to oversee the game, given there are enough participants... (maybe not a really logical choice, because I am in a different time zone, but whatever)

E

EricBess

Limited has most of it down. It's a bit more involved. Basically, there are 4 types of people.

There is the moderator. He doesn't actually play, but just runs it because he knows who is what.

There are two werewolves. They know who each other are.
There is one seer. He is the only one that knows he's the seer.
The rest of the players are villagers. They don't know who either the seer or the werewolves are.

To play well, you probably need at least 9 players. That's one moderator, one seer, two werewolves, and 5 regular villagers. More villagers is even better.

It goes in stages of day and night. At night, everything happens behind the scenes. First, the werewolves open their eyes and indicate a villager that they want to kill. Next, the seer opens his eyes and indicate a villager they he wants to "detect". The moderator tells him whether or not that person is a werewolf.

Next stage is day. Everyone opens their eyes and the moderator lets them all know who was killed by the werewolves during the night. Then, they all debate about who they think is a werewolf. At the end of the day, they must select one villager to hang. That person then reveals if he was a werewolf. If the seer is killed, he says nothing other than the fact that he wasn't a werewolf. No one gets to know who the seer is.

The seer may choose to reveal himself at some point in the game, but is not required to do so because it also makes him a target for the werewolves. Also, anyone is free to basically say anything, so a normal villager could claim to be the seer if they wanted to draw attention to themselves to protect the real seer. A werewolf could also claim to be a seer to try to influence who the villagers kill or to try to get some indication of who the real seer might be.

The rest is as limited says. You alternate between day and night until both werewolves are killed or until the werewolves outnumber the villagers.

As the thread mentions, it works better in real life than online, but if we get enough people interested, I wouldn't be opposed to moderating.