Well then let's vote.

Does Duke think he is superior to all of us?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
F

FoundationOfRancor

Have you really slept two years on this site only to speak out against Duke? Or is this an alias?

D

DÛke

Well, it looks like a lot seem to think that I believe I'm superior. <sigh>

I voted "No Opinion" just so I can see what people think...

D

DÛke

Wow, 17 people think I do think I'm better. Well, to tell you the truth...*anyone* who would start a thread like this, I'm better than. Anyone who thinks I think I'm better, I'm better than. Anyone who has no opinion, I truely respect them. Anyone who does not think I think I'm better, well, finally...someone who knows me.

T

terzarima

Maybe its just me that doesn't visit this site everyday and have any idea why were talking about duke.

Go "no"!!!

EDIT: ahhh.... I see.

D

DÛke

I, myself, visit the site everyday, and I have no clue why we're talking about me...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused why it must be that "because someone thinks I'm better, then I am" or the correlation "if someone thinks I'm better, then they're insecure/inferior".

I'll come out and say I voted that "you think you're better than the rest of us." Why? Because that's how you come across in your posts. Does that mean that you're better than me because I think so? Maybe so, maybe not... does that mean I'm inferior/insecure because I voted that way? Again, maybe so, maybe not...

But because of your certainty and declaration that it must be so, my vote seems justified. It appears to me that the problem is how YOU express yourself on the forum, and since you seem to draw such a conclusion due to your own behavior leads me to think that the "yes" votes are justified.

D

DÛke

To the people who voted "yes," it was justified before anything. It was justified, period.

G

Gizmo

Duke, you either believe you are simply more enlightened than anybody else on these boards (and there are some very intelligent and worldly people on these boards), or you are the most socially inept person I have ever met.

Every time you attempt to defend yourself you simply make things worse.

What was your last attempt to defend yourself?

"All you people who say I tihnk I`m better than you are wrong - I dont think I`m better than you. And the fact you think I DO think Im better than you make me MUCH better than you."

Duke, you bring the moron I`ll bring the Oxy, ok?

D

DÛke

...it's so obvious, to me at least, that everyone has taken me the wrong way. And you know, I really don't care...I'm just worried, why do you guys care so much? Maybe it's best to leave that unanswered...

I've said all that I could, but people here just keep giving me more credit than I deserve. You know, I really don't have to be here at all...and seeing that how many people think negatively of me, and few even hate me...I guess there's no point for me to stay here. I'll only serve as an accelerator to this place's ill-fated destiny.

I sorta got a hint months ago, that I wasn't very adored, but I honestly didn't know it was this serious. I usually looked at this as people on the net who try to get a long in a digital world. Obviously, I'm wrong. The thing I don't understand, again, is why it's this serious. I really do not recall an instance where I truly hurt somebody, or just went on a complete blind rage onto him or her. In fact, I apologize a lot and praise a lot via PM and AIM, and the few that I had the honor to really talk to around here know that: they know how generous, thankful, and selfless I can be. No matter what, I just can't imagine a reason that is the cause for all this needless commotion. Whatever you think of me, maybe you should take another perspective at this "issue" and truly look at why *you* feel so strongly about it...did I ruin anyone's life in here? Did I steal anyone's girlfriend? Did I break a relationship or something? What...? What was it that started all of this? You can't tell me a silly thread of mine triggered all of this...that's just too obscure for me to understand. Yet again, maybe I'm *not* supposed to understand this, and just take it as it is...;)

In any event, I wouldn't say I'm leaving, I'm not...not really. I'll just be lurking around here much less, until eventually I'll fade out of your sight...which is the best thing as I see it. The first day of my summer break starts this Friday, I don't have plans right away, but I'm going to Montreal, Canada...for few weeks, and then I'm taking summer school. I'll be busy, and I'll be sure not to make time to come here. :) And I'm only doing this for the people who have honestly taken me the wrong way (TomB, Yellowjacket, Apollo...etc...)...I would apologize, but I think my kindly-fading away would serve a better apology, do you not think? :D Who knows, maybe this website would really be up and running in a year or something...maybe I'll just take a silent glimpse to see what's up? :)

I guess I'm out of words...or frankly, I'm speechless at this point.

I'll see you guys whenever. :)

I just hope I didn't sound "defensive," only for you Gizmo...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Personally, I dont like you. Why? Because your arguments and idea's shift every other post, because you never answer anyones questions, just throw alot of big words and cliches at them. Because you make every thread go off topic with your attempts to be smart. Because you are the biggest hypocrite I know.

Frankly, you just annoy the crap out of me.

Do I want you to leave this site? Sure I do. Do I think you should? just because of me? Of course not! I try to ignore your threads, just because your so wrong about some things, I dont trust myself to reply to them with any sort of civilty.

And you have to relize, that I dont know you. For all I know, you might be the coolest guy in the world....dont forget that these are just message boards, and just words.

BTW, I think Doe and I dropped hints quite a bit earlier than just a few months ago.

(I dont mean to offend, just answer a couple of questions. Please dont try to argue with my opinions.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I certainly don't care much about it. I cared enough to answer the poll 'cause I was also curious at what the results would be.

Yeah, perhaps people have taken you the wrong way. But though this is a message board with barely any visual clues, I believe what and how one writes reflects their personality. Since I haven't met anyone here (or anywhere else, for that matter) I can't put that to the test; maybe people who HAVE met in real life can attest? But what you write is what forms the basis of impressions, whether it's good or ill. If most people think negatively, then something's coming across in your writing's to reflect. Whether you care about that is another matter; if you do, you'll change and if you don't, you won't. But if it's the latter, you also can't then "blame" (not really the right word, but can't think of a proper one) others for thinking that way.

A

Aku Necromancer

Why does the idea of someone expressing his/her opinion seem to offend people? If you don't like a person, then ignore him/her, it isn't very hard to do.

G

Gizmo

But if the majority of people are offended then surely there can be no harm in the community letting the person know that they are not wanted unless they change their ways.

For the greater good.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with that is that the person still might not feel that he/she is doing anything wrong and that everyone is "misunderstanding" him/her, and/or he/she takes great offense, and/or he/she decides to stay just to be "ornery" and contrary.

G

Gizmo

I dont think anyone ever advocated banning Duke. Truth is that as soon as he realised just how deeply people didnt like him, he made his excuses and left of his own accord.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I don't think he's gone for good and I don't think this "thread" or whatever precipitated it. I just think he's absent for real life reasons (like coming home from college and catching up with friends or something).

A

Aku Necromancer

Do we really know if the majority of the community is offended? I recently voted, and there could be many others who have not yet to vote who are not offended in any way. I still remain, that if you are offended by him, ignore him.