Welcome Dojo Members

T

The Magic Jackal

The dojo message board is expierencing some technical difficulties, so I collected some of the best posters and we decided to use an alturnate message board-the cpa.

I hope all of the dojo members find this board to be usefull, and i hope that all of the cpa members welcome us!

The magic jackal

Z

Zadok001

Welcome back, Jackal! :)

I look forward to having the Dojo people here.

Btw, I think I know what's up with the Dojo 'boards. They've reached maximum total message capacity. Which kinda sucks, but at least it means the Dojo can fix it by just removing the old messages.

"Hiya'll!"

T

The Magic Jackal

I'm not quite sure if that's what happened. I was hit with "Jackalitis" about three days before everyone else. If it had hit full, everyone whould have been stopped. At first we thought i had posted too much (395 posts, first place), but then other people passed me up and kept on posting. Right now i have no idea, and we will probably never know.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Btw, I think I know what's up with the Dojo 'boards. They've
reached maximum total message capacity. Which kinda sucks, but at
least it means the Dojo can fix it by just removing the old messages.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that would mean that there is actually someone looking after the boards. :)

Anyway, welcome to everyone!

-mike

G

Griffith_se

Jackal,
I'm not one of the better posters on the Dojo, but here I am anyway.
I see Gizmo is here. I'm sorry to see that THE GAME isn't. That guy makes me LOL.

A

asadoine

Dojo ers welcome (I was one too)

lets just not let this place (I'd compare to a realxing garden where people take time to express themselve) become like the Dojo (busy Market where everybody yells at each other)...

berto

D

Duel

I agree. That was one of the reasons I didn't join the Dojo. Too high-pressure. Magic should not give you a heart attack.

D

Daenen

Hello, Jackal

Sorry I haven't responded to your emails yet. I have been very busy. It is very depressing that the Dojo is experiencing technical difficulties just after it came back to life. I hope they delete all of the old messages. I like the CPA, but it isn't home to me. Visiting here is like going back to my paren't house. It's nice, and fun, but it isn't the same. I'm sure that most of you feel the same way about the Dojo. Anyway, I'm just ranting.

T

The Magic Jackal

Hey daenen, nice to see you. Glad you made it, I don't know what's taking the others so long. Oh, thanks to everyone for the nice welcome.

I do not think that i will give anyone a heart attack (LOL), but i can be intense sometimes. This isn't the same as the dojo, you're right about that daenen. i do like the bar on the left side on the dojo, it' gives you easy acess to other messages. It takes a little longer here.

T

The Magic Jackal

WELL, i tried the dojo today, and the connection is refused. That must mean they are actually working on the problem, IMAGINE THAT! :)

M

Mr_Pestilence

I haven't been able to access the Dojo forums since about Christmas. I don't know what happened, but I didn't care for the "new" format anyway, so I guess it's just as well.

I'm sorta new here, but I like what I've seen so far. I do wish there was more activity, though.

C

ChasDen

HEllo All,

"I'm sorta new here, but I like what I've seen so far. I do wish there was more activity, though."

To those who may not know me, my name is Chuck, owner of The Magic Obsession and we run magic-singles.com. According to the log files, the traffic would surprise you. Please do not let the actual post mislead you. There are about 4 to 1 lurkers, so to speak. For every member who posts, there are 4 just looking. In time perhaps they will get the courage to let us know who they are. If you’re a lurker pull up a chair, get comfortable and talk away, you’re among friends.

W

Wizard2000

The Dojo always seemed to be a cesspool for 3 turn kill decks and people that horribly overanalyze the game. I'm not sure what happened to them... I remember when their site was HUGE. Now I hear people talking if its demise

G

Gizmo

I`ve been here for a few weeks, and I would just like to remind everybody currently using the CPA as a haven whilst the Dojo gets it`s shit wired that they should remember they are currently playing in somebody else`s yard.
This isn`t the Dojo, this is where people go when they want to get away from the Dojo, by and large.

Currently there haven`t been any problems but as an impromptu ambassador for the Dojo players who are seeking asylum here I hope we can all manage to restrain ourselves (the Dojo message boards could get quite argumentative) and not scare any of the regulars away.

T

The Magic Jackal

who was i scaring away? I was just letting those of us who came from the dojo the current situation over there.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
BOO!! :)

Sorry, not trying to scare anyone away.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I hope we can all manage to restrain ourselves (the Dojo message boards could get quite argumentative) and not scare any of the regulars away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, let me just say here: try to refrain from arguing, but feel free to debate. Or if you must argue, there's a forum for that.

Also, feel free to discuss your new T2/1.x deck or whatever. But do realize that the CPA was not conceived for this. We (generalization) are the people who don't really feel the need to win every game, and are just in it for the fun -- although, winning is sometimes fun.

So, all in all, before I ramble off a new book, feel free to post away -- casual or not casual (former preferred ;))

-mike