Weird Red Deck

A

Aku Necromancer

about 90% of all red decks I face is nothing but pure burn, with that one concept of burning your opponent to oblivion. Well I've been working on a different type of red deck, and here is what I came up with.
Artifacts:
4 Fire Diamond
4 Tangle Wire

Creatures:
4 Sisters of the Flame
4 Squee, Goblin Nabob
4 Seismic Mage
4 Mogg Catcher
4 Goblin Marshall
2 Shrieking Mogg
2 Goblin Grenadiers

Spells:
4 Stone Rain
2 Goblin Grenade
2 Trumpet Blast

Land:
14 Mountain
4 City of Traitors
2 Ancient Tomb

The concept of the deck, is to quickly get out a few mana producers into play. Tangle Wire should buy you enough time for you to do this. Next is to take out there resources via Stone Rain, Seismic Mage, or even the Grenadiers. The kill comes from getting a Moggcatcher out and each turn fetching the marshalls, and not paying the echoe so you get a small force of tokens. With your red horde, and a timely Trumpet Blast you should put some type of beatdown on your opponent. Goblin Grenade to finish him off. Although it is STRICTLY for casual play, Im just wondering how to make it better, and if it would work.

D

Duel

My only question is "Sisters of the flame?" Why use those?

I'd use pillages, because you're palying mono-red. And lackeys. Goblin lackeys.

See Wakefield's Lucky Goblins deck.

M

Mikeymike

Nice, the Moggcatcher/Shrieking Mogg trick followed up by trumpet blast, I likes. I just realized you can Moggcatcher out a Nabob with another in play to have him die immediately, that's sneaky too.

I agree with Duel about the Lackey's, they are very nice with the Goblin Marshalls. Might as well go with Pillage too, you never know when an artifact will start giving you problems.

You can have some serious fun with those 4 Squee's in there for an off-beat red deck. Null Brooch comes to mind, as does Firestorm and Amok. One of my favorite Squee targets is the underrated Mindless Automaton. Keep pumping him up huge, if he dies you can sac him for a good amount of cards.

But I think Goblin Bombardment could be the key. Kill your Marshall at will, return Squee to your hand, put your dying creatures to use.

Cool deck, let us know how you do.

D

Duel

The bottom line is, that with this deck, pillage is just better than stone rain. How about some recursion value. Search for survivors could be really good....

A

Aku Necromancer

cool, thanks for the comments, and yes I realize pillage is better than stone rain, its just I have to get my hands on a few of them.

T

Teferi

i think 4 squee's is overkill narrow it down to three. I agree w/ everything Duel and Mikeymike said. say it w/ me now "LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY! LACKEY!

A

Aku Necromancer

thats were you are incorrect mr. Teferi, as you judge a person like that. Most my posts are in the trade room making trades, or helping others.

G

Griffion2000

Spam? No.
I have NEVER spammed and I got 100 posts in 3 weeks! :D

G

galtwish

Goblin Bombardment is the way to go:
4 Goblin Lackey
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Mogg Maniac
4 Shrieking Mogg
4 Goblin Recruiter
4 Mogg Catcher
4 Goblin Marshall
4 Goblin Bombardment
3 Puppet Strings
2 Fool's Tome
4 Wasteland
1 Shivan Gorge
1 Rath's Edge
1 Keldon Necropolis
18 Mountian

Quickly empty your hand, get a few quick beats in, and then Recruit or Catch your way to victory. Fool's Tome is good for this deck, and Puppet Strings can protect you or allow you to double Catch a turn for 8 mana. Very cool idea Mikeymike, I hope this version at least gives some food for thought.

Erik

T

Teferi

OH SORRY GUYS! i meant my additional comment after my deck help was spam,

"****, i just realized Aku joined at the same time i did and he has an a**load more posts...this right here is bascily spam, must get more posts w/out spamming ARGH!"
i meant right there what i said was spam! SORRY AKU SORRY SPIDEY! i in no way meant to say that your post wre spam! i meant what i was saying was spam! I"M SOO SORRY GUYS! BTW spiderman i'll watch my foul mouth, sorry. Man i feel terrible, i'm really really sorry you interpeted it that way. man i feel horrilbe i'll edit that right now.

D

Duel

Eh, I prefer Wakefield's deck:

4 Goblin lackeys
4 Goblin Marshalls
4 Goblin Lackeys
4 Goblin marshalls
2 Goblin lackeys
2 Goblin marshalls

4 trumpet blasts
4 Relentless assault
4 trumpet blasts
4 relentless assaults

24 land

the theme?
1st turn: Mountain, lackey

2nd turn: moutain, attack with lackey, take 1, drop a marhsall, relentless asault the marshall, take 4.

3rd turn: mountain, trumpet blast. attack with all, take take 15.....

and you thought YOU spammed.....