2 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Anarchist
1 Monk Idealist
4 Taiga
8 Mountain
5 Forest
4 Plains
5 Island

Ideally this deck would win by getting a large amount of lands on one turn, using Storm Cauldron to bounce them all, but not before tapping them for mana, with Mana Flare in play, to get as many mana as lands, then discarding them all for 2 damage each. If I have it, I would use Planar Birth to get the lands back (although, because Stormbind is random discard, I'd have to cast the Planar Birth first and respond to it by discarding everything else)

Would Trade Routes be good in this deck? I would also use Land Tax, but I'm pretty sure it's banned in Extended. If it's not, of course, I will use it.
What about Fastbond?

Also, I considered another version of this deck using either Heightened Awareness or Psychic Vortex to draw cards, but I thought the combo might be too fragile.

I would appreciate feedback.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I assumed you couldn't get them with Elfhame Sanctuary (or Tithe, for that matter).
If you can get them, my land mix would look like this:

4 Taiga
3 Volcanic Island
3 Plateau
2 Savannah
2 Mountain
3 Forest
2 Island

...or something along those lines.

Is Land Tax banned in Extended? And can it fetch dual lands?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
they don't count as basic lands, so Elfhame Sanctuary and Land Tax are out (plus, Land Tax is banned in Extended).

You could get it through Tithe as they count as "plains" (Tundra and Savannah and Plateau).

So I guess it's up to you whether they're worth it or not. :)

C

clmax

I think Seismic Assault would work well. You could drop the Stormbind for the Seismic Assault. Furnace of Rath may work as well.

-Greg