WEIRD AL!!!!!!!

Z

Zhaneel

I like Weird Al...

I went to... 3? 4? no, erin says 5... I've been to 5 Al concerts... 2 in one day (that was fun :))

I have a pic of me and Steve on a roll of film I have yet to get developed...

T

theorgg

I've heard it's Vince Vance and the Vallience.

they use to be a cover-artist for old 50's tunes untill the 90's, then I don't know what happened. I think they do parodies of 50's stuff now...

then again, I could be wrong...

M

manchot_13

i am a fan of wierd al, but i must inquire as to the authenticity of two songs:

cat's in the kettle
what if god smoked canibies

E

ErinPuff

Neither of them are Al.

**shameless plug** go to http://www.alsongs.com for a near-complete list of every song Al has ever written, with lyrics, information about source music for parodies and polkas, concert pictures, a lyrics quiz..

T

theorgg

Cat's in the kettle was done by a radio station somwhere in luisianna.

What if God Smoked Cannibus is by Bob Rivers, another really good pariodotist(one who parodies, look it up).

Also check out (by Bob Rivers) She Drives Like Crazy, I AM SANTA CLAUSE, Sled Zepplin, Wreck the Malls, Windows 95 sucks, Dirty Deeds(done with sheep), @$$hole son... just look up Bob Rivers at Amazon or CDnow. and sample his work. It's pretty good.

E

ErinPuff

I think the word for "one who parodies" is parodist or parody artist.

D

DeathMaster666

Thats kinda sad.
Lets go Smoke Some Pot is by the Dead Milkmen I believe.

R

Rooser

Yeah, that's sad. Poor Al. However, does anyone else find it the least bit ironic that this sort of incident feels like something Weird Al would have sung about in his songs?

O

orgg

:(

...I saw Al in concert while in college. I didn't even realize I had been standing for five hours until after the show...

I wish I could've booted it, but they got the tape player at the door. :D

It would've been for personal use only, by the way.

T

Tabasco

I like most of Al's stuff....I thought his new album "Poodle Hat" kicked @$$.....especially the last track "Genius in France"

My other fav's

Yoda
Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
Amish Paradise
Horoscope for Today
All his Polkas

R

Rooser

I haven't paid attention to Al in a while. I should get his new CD. As for polkas, yes, their awesome, and my hands down favorite is the one off of Bad Hair Day. Alternative Polka.

Oh, and some friends of mine keep getting a kick out of I Remember Larry.

T

train

heard about that... but at first I heard it was foul play...

All your life you open the flue... why not this time...

the dad was sitting in the living room - he would've known the flue wasn't open just after starting the fire...

still sad...:(

R

Rooser

Also, and this might sounds rude, but the fact is, old people can just miss stuff like that.

T

train

I can see the falling shut, and the missing it...

but...

using logical deduction - he wouldn't be sitting in the room with the fire, and not notice smoke was now filling the house...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless he fell asleep... I'm not sure how quickly it takes for a room to fill up with smoke if the flue is close since I don't have a fireplace...

D

DeathMaster666

Its usually not smoke, but some other source. Remember that CO is colorless and odorless.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, so many old names... good ol' times...

Anyway, I came across this news about Weird Al and did a search and several threads popped up, so I just picked this one (mainly because it had so many old names). I need to listen to some of his recent stuff...