Weenie-Geddon

R

Rando

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Ridicule? Spite? Slander? Jokes? Laughs? Snorts? Dismay? Make fun of me behind my back?
Anything? I can take it....sock it to me....
I know I need more creature control, but I'm not sure what to use.

White Creatures (10)
4 Mother of Runes
4 Longbow Archers
2 Avenger En Dal

Green Creatures (12)
4 Llanowar Elf
4 Birds of Paradise
4 River Boa

White Spells (9)
4 Armageddon
3 Disenchant
2 Wrath of God

Green Spells (7)
2 Giant Growth
4 Rancor

Mana Sources (23)
2 Marble Diamond
11 Plains
10 Forests

W

Whimsical

Mister Rando sir? I'm no expert but I like your deck design... oh, wait. We're not at the clinic. <laughs>

Drop the Birds of Paradise ... the deck isn't mana-intensive, and there's no X cheese to pump it into.

Since you're running the classic White/Green 'Geddon deck ... may I suggest a few large creatures? You know ... drop Ernie Djinn into play, follow up with Armageddon, wash, lather, rinse ... repeat as necessary. Hunted Wumpus is an excellent 6/6 with a drawback that can be compensated by your white component of the deck. The en-Dals' don't really serve any purpose I see in the deck... maybe you should sub them out in favor of said creature control?

Add some Swords to Plowshares and Spirit Links for selective creature control...

Umm... consider trying to fit in a few glittering lynxes/lions in the deck, mister Rando sir. Once you drop the armageddon, they're well nigh invulnerable (a Glitter/'Geddon deck concept I've been mulling).

Other than that ... live long and prosper! :)

White Creatures (10)
2 Mother of Runes
4 Glittering Lynxes
4 Glittering Lions

Green Creatures (10)
4 Llanowar Elf
4 River Boa
2 Hunted Wumpus/Ernham Djinn/Maro

White Spells (15)
4 Armageddon
3 Disenchant
2 Wrath of God
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Spirit Link

Green Spells (3)
3 Rancor

Mana Sources (22)
2 Marble Diamond
10 Plains
10 Forests

I tried to follow you original deck design, mister Rando sir. The glitters are a real pain the keister once you drop the 'geddon ... the 2 large green creatures are a nightmare once you plop the 'geddon ... and I added a wee bit more creature control to the board.

Hope this helps! :)

[Edited by Whimsical on September 13th, 2000 at 12:17 PM]

R

rkoelsch

for some reason I don't like the avenger en dal. especially in this deck it is too situational. some replacement fresh volunteer, armored pegasus or steadfast guard. I would also look into the seals instead of disenchant and GG. Yes you lose the surprise factor but gain the ability to cast sans mana. Maybe put one or two of each. the lynx/lion would be good. good call whimiscal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We would NEVER ridicule you, Rando... :rolleyes: :D

I don't know the format so here goes non-Standard advice.

Winter Orbs might be good.

Swords to Plowshares definitely.

Maybe drop your forest count by one (even two, depending on how playtesting is). You pretty much have 1cc green stuff.

Heck, let's get whacky... why not add Bounty of the Hunt? Meekstone? Master Decoy? Wooooo....

[me]'s hanging deliriously upside down from the ceiling

P

Pseudonym

rando sucks
it all looks like a big pile of shit to me
go get a good deck and get a clue dip shit

G

galtwish

I take it you want to keep it T2, right? Here's my take:
4 Mother of Ruins
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Youthful Knight
4 Elvish Archer
4 River Boa
3 Blastoderm
4 Rancor
3 Disenchant
4 Armageddon
4 Brushland
10 Forest
8 Plains

With a SB of
4 Absolute Law
2 Splinter
1 Disenchant
4 Thran Foundry
3 Wrath of God
1 Enlightened Tutor

I think your only big threats are Ponza and Masticore, hence the SB. Foundry helps screw Bargain and Replenish to complement the quick beatdown. With Rancor and little land in play, first strike creatures with Rancor should rule the day, followed by regenerators. If you already have the cards from the first list, this shouldn't be too expensive to build. I wouldn't recommend using WW creatures like Longbow Archer-they worked in 1997-1998 because of Gemstone Mine, City of Brass, and Undiscovered Paradise, but they are a little sketchy in our time of limited multi-color options. And finally, Avenger doesn't win you the game, and is too vulnerable to control it.

Erik

G

galtwish

W/G geddon usually develops too quickly for them to stop your geddon, which generally kills them. And it doesn't matter if you don't have land when your birds and elves are pro:red. They are going to be wasting a lot of cards and time trying to port/blow-up your land and Cave-In/Seal your mana critters before you get out AbLaw, and after that, it's pretty much in the bag.

Erik

D

Duel

geddon/god weenie beatdown? Situational at best.
you might do better to use Winds of Rath, with cho-manno's blessings and rancors, that could be devilishly effective.

K

krichaiushii

Why not Wild Might?

After an Armageddon, or just early in the game, you are bound to get the +4/+4 bonus. And since its common, you can easily get many.

D

Duel

That's a good idea. Also, 'derms would be effeective, because they fade away, so after it's third attack, you can wrath and not lose anything in the long run.