Web-Based Apprentice-Like E-Card-Based MTG Game

Z

Zorak

I'm working on a web-based MTG Game, and I'm looking for the best way to do it. The current plan is this: a user registers, and starts with no decks and a level of 1. With a Level of 1, you are granted access to all cards with a level of 1. You can create decks with these "E-Cards" and use thos decks to play against other users. As you defeat them, you gain experience points, and at certain numbers of points, you gain a level, therefore gaining access to all cards with that level and below. The higher the level of the person you defeat, the more exp. points you get.
Is this a good way to do the game? I was also thinking of making it possible to buy e-cards. Good idea or bad idea?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The higher the level of the person you defeat, the more exp. points you get.
Conversely, the lower the level of the person you defeat (or the greater the difference), you get less XP (probably like the tourney K-rating or whatever it is). Also, there should be probably be a cap on the level difference of opponents, like maximum difference of 2 or whatever (well, I guess you don't have to duel the person but it's a thought).