We need to start playing!

L

Limited

We have created a lot of cards already, and I say its time to select some, put them in a set, and duke it out. Playtest a little.

We could try to make a small set, say about 150 cards. That could breakdown to:
  • 15 lands
  • 15 artifacts
  • 50 spells

and

• 40 rares
  • 50 uncommons
  • 60 commons

and

• 30 colorless cards
  • 30 multicolors
  • 90 monocolor (18 per color)

Does this seem right? Perhaps we should template on another recent set (like Saviors of Kamigawa). Or is it still to early?

We could also allow cards from 9th edition for the playtest decks, to have a kind of basic cardpool.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I say we use 9th Edition in constructed. But, I think drafting/pack war/sealed deck first would be a good idea.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

But first, we need to determine what cards are in the first version of this set!

(and then we'll play Mindmaster :D)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We can play test now if you want, but we'll still have to finalize cards, since the rest are all common rarity and the ones not in the "Cut the Confusion" thread don't have a lot of things they need.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I can post the entire list of cards, finalized and not. Or you two could get the Excel file I emailed to the CPA_ODD_ONE_OUT email account.

L

Limited

Email me the excell thing..

Are you both okay with the idea to model it after some excisting set? That way, we have a solid base to ensure playability.

L

Limited

Examine the set to see how many rares we need, how many creatures, how many creatures are rares etc.

L

Limited

We could use Coldsnap, but I wouldn't want to use Ravnica block sets; their color distribution is a bit 'strange'. Same with Mirrodin: not a good example :D

We could use the entire Ravnica block to determine to right proportions, together with Kamigawa and Coldsnap.