Ways to use psychic possession?

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

laquatus's creativity: ordinarily this card sux, but for 5 mana.. its 5 cards, too bad it doesnt make them discard their hand

vision skeins: 1U to draw 4 cards
theives: tap to draw 2, then discard 1
trade secrets: pay 1UU to draw 6 cards, possibly more, then again they could just deck you :D
prosperity: UX to draw 2*X, paying U4 to draw 8 cards is pretty badass..
skyscribing: forecast of 2U to draw 2 is pretty good as well
arcane denial: 1U for a counter and 2 cards??
indentured djinn: 1UU 4/4 flying beef which your opponent may decline to draw anything for.

the best thing is most of these cards don't need anything else.. and most of them will get you counters or combo pieces..

and the best two cards to use are....

cerebral vortex and walking archive...

cerebral: mainly good late game when everyone is drawing insane amounts of cards...
walking archive: with just a couple counters from a modular creature, an energy chamber, or adding counters, you draw the cards during your upkeep since psychic makes you skip your draw

it also stops you from decking yourself, so running cards like psychic vortex would be a no brainer, (i actually have a deck i may post involving removing your library from the game and using library of leng and fiery temper/words of war for the kill/ the new ripple mechanic might go along with it as well.)

and yes im full aware there are other cards much better that would require much less thought. but where's the fun in that?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Bennie Smith recently ran a deck contest over at MTG.com for people to build decks around Psychic Possession. Although my submission wasn't chosen in the top 10 (stupid Bennie), I thought it was fun to use Cephalid Broker / Cephalid Looter combined with Immobilizing Ink. You can force your opponent to draw and discard while you simply draw. With the Immobilizing Ink, you can untap the cephalid with the drawn card and repeat the process for as much mana as you have available. Combining it with a kill card like Megrim or Cerebral Vortex, you could win in one turn.

But that was just my idea.

I think the best idea to make Bennie's top 10 took advantage of Leveler. Since Psychic Possession says you "may" draw a card, your removed library will never actually deck you. He also included three different "Words of..." cards so that you can choose to draw a card after Leveler is in play, but replace it with the Words effect instead. I thought it was pretty cool.

The article is here.

F

Force of Will Smith

NICE! thx!.. you're idea rocked!!... um ill pay 6 to win the game :D