Wave Function Collapse [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This is my Mishra Stax deck. It locks the game up with artifacts. It is pretty bad, but I will not be likely to refine it anytime soon. Oh well. It's a starting point if I change my mind.

Commander:
1 Mishra, Artificer Prodigy

1 Academy Ruins
1 Arcane Laboratory
1 Arcane Signet
1 Badlands
1 Blood Crypt
1 Blood Funnel
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Buried Ruin
1 Cloud Key
1 Command Tower
1 Copy Artifact
1 Crawlspace
1 Damping Sphere
1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Darksteel Plate
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
1 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Etherium Sculptor
1 Expedition Map
1 Fabricate
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Foundry Inspector
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Goblin Welder
1 Great Furnace
1 Grim Monolith
1 Guardian Beast
1 Ice Cave
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Island
1 Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
1 Jhoira's Familiar
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lodestone Golem
1 Mana Breach
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Maze
1 Mana Vault
1 Mana Web
1 Maze of Ith
1 Meekstone
1 Mind Stone
1 Mirrormade
1 Mishra's Workshop
1 Mountain
1 Mox Opal
1 Myr Retriever
1 Mystic Forge
1 Nether Void
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Null Brooch
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Platinum Emperion
1 Polluted Delta
1 Possessed Portal
1 Possibility Storm
1 Reshape
1 Rhystic Study
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scrap Trawler
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Smokestack
1 Sol Ring
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Sphere of Resistance
1 Steam Vents
1 Strip Mine
1 Swamp
1 Talisman of Creativity
1 Talisman of Dominance
1 Talisman of Indulgence
1 Tangle Wire
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
1 Thopter Assembly
1 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Thought Monitor
1 Thoughtcast
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Transmute Artifact
1 Treasure Vault
1 Trinisphere
1 Ugin, the Ineffable
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Urza's Saga
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Volcanic Island
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Wasteland
1 Watery Grave
1 Winter Orb
1 Wishclaw Talisman

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I want to take another shot at this some day, but I need to give it time. For one thing, I see some elements of this deck that work well and others that do not. I don't really have a critical mass of ways to make my commander pay off, but I'm also running a few cards for Mishra synergies that I can't get much use from. I'm frustrated that I forgot some cards I'd really like to be in here, such as God-Pharaoh's Statue. Ultimately, I suspect that a turbo-artifact combo deck is the best way to squeeze value out of Mishra in EDH. But I wanted to try the prison route and it uses more cards that I like.

This deck had poor showings in a few games, but decent starts in a few others that ultimately didn't pan out. I finally won my first game last night, although I should have lost if my opponents hadn't made mistakes a key points. I got Smokestack going, but two of my opponents were able to make enough tokens to play around it. One of my opponents used an infinite combo with Altar of Dementia to mill me and the other surviving opponent out. I had Goblin Welder, so I simply grabbed Possessed Portal out of my graveyard and never let anyone draw a card again. With Scrap Trawler and Thopter Assembly to provide fodder for sacrifices and Null Brooch, Ensnaring Bridge, Possessed Portal, Smokestack, and Sphere of Resistance to mess with my opponents' resources, I locked the game down. As the store was about to close, I demonstrated that I could use Goblin Welder to get Darksteel Plate, Sculpting Steel (to make another copy of Darksteel Plate), and Nevinyrral's Disk. I could then make both Goblin Welder and Guardian Beast Indestructible, then destroy everyone else's artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. My own board position would remain secure, while my opponents would quickly lose their remaining permanents to Smokestack and Possessed Portal.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I took this deck apart. My overall analysis is that it was OK and that I could certainly return to the concept again. I don't know whether I'll revisit any of my 2022 decks later this year, or just keep trying to churn out new decks instead. If I were to revisit them, this deck would be high on that list.

If I do revisit this deck, someone remind me not to forget Nullstone Gargoyle and God Pharaoh's Statue again.

Last edited: