"Was that it?"

Whats your favorite counterspell flavor text?

• [b]"Was that it?"[/b] -Ertai, Wzard Adept [Ertai, Wzard Adept]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [b]"Time flows like a river. In Tolaria we practice the art of building dams."[/b] -Barrin, Master W

• [b] "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."[/b] -Volrat

• [b]"Oh, I'm sorry-did I break your concentration?" [/b] [Disrupt]

• [b]"Oh, I had a conscience once. But alas, I seem to have forgotten where I put it."[/b] -Chandler [

• [b]"Up and down,/ over and through,/ back around-/ the joke's on you." [/b] [Deflection]

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • [b]“I’d be happy to stop contradicting you, Urza, just as soon as you start being right.” [/b] -Bo L

• [b]''It was probably a lousy spell in the first place''[/b] -Ertai, Wizard Adept. [Counterspell]

• [b]''Your attack has been rendered harmless. It is, however, quite pretty.''[/b] —Saprazzan vizier [

• [b]''First the insult, then the injury.' [/b] [Desertion]

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
F

FoundationOfRancor

Whats your favorite counterspell flavor text, and why?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Personally, I like Rewind's flavor text the best. Even when you know nothing about Tolaria or the Magic story plot, when it rolls of your tongue a smile touches your face.

...or maybe its all that pot I've been smoking.

T

terzarima

Actually I like the memory lapse, its just funny. Ertai has to make the funniest quotes.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Saprazzan vizier one (although it's a close call). It's a long-winded sarcastic version of "Was that it?"

D

Dementia

(Dementia high fives Ransac)

Simply because it's the most demeaning to your opponent

Such as "your 7/7 Thornie isn't gonna hurt me, but it is pretty" :D

Such as " your 20 point fireball isn't gonna burn me to a crisp, but it's SOOOOO adorably :D

A

Almindhra

I voted for Bo Levar's quote...Its so, *ssholish...It kind reminds me of something I would say...*g*...

G

Gerode

My favorite has gotta be on Medicine Bag. It's too long for me to remember, unfortuanately :(

Mogg Fanatic is also good. "I got it! I got it! I..."

T

terzarima

Medicine bag.

"Never have I seen so many so sick for so long, we will never eat squee's cooking again."

Pulp fiction? Mmmm don't be a

______
|..........|
|..........|
|______|

(Just ignore the dots) :)

S

Sammy Dead-O

I wish I had seen Pulp Fiction. Unfortunately, it never came to the theater here in What.

I voted for the Saprazzan Vizier/Counterspell one. Spidey has the reason down pretty well; it's the same sort of insult as "Was that it?", but vaguely...cerebral.

Actually, my favorite flavor text of all counterspells is from Intervene: “At first I simply observed. But I found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.” --Karn, silver golem

Not all that clever, but very nice.

H

HumanError

Does no one feel the love for Pulp Fiction? Come on.

The Saprazzan Vizier one is good but it just doesn't hold up against the might of Samuel L. Jackson and Quentin Tarantino.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Spidey: I've seen it; I was just making a joke based on the part of the movie with Frank Whaley and the Big Kahuna Burger...y'know, a place called What, "Say What again!" and all that...I guess it didn't come across very well...

G

Gerode

Whoa... I just noticed that these were counterspell flavor texts. I guess I pulled this off-topic.

"It was probably a lousy thread in the first place" - Ertai, Wizard Adept ;)

F

fuzzy510

"It was probably a lousy spell in the first place."

The irony! DAMN IT, THINK OF THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z

Zadok001

Dude! What's up with THIS? And not a single vote for the brilliant Deflection? :) THAT'S the great one!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rather fond of the quote on the Ice Age Counterspell...

"The duel was going badly for me, and Zur thought I was finished. He boasted that he would eat my soul - but all he ate were his words."
-Gustha Ebbasdotter, Kjeldoran Royal Mage

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sammy: You're fine. It is I who hasn't seen the movie that you were referencing; thus it was I who missed the joke. :(

:)