Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I should explain, since I left this thread sitting for six months straight, and that was really not great. So yeah, right before this unplanned hiatus, I'd been having some computer issues, but those were resolved. I had everything ready and fully assumed that I'd be updating this game in late June or early July. Two things happened, and I just procrastinated from there. One person moved out of my house, and that shifted some things around in the rooms here. I put the Warhammer Quest stuff away, but I knew exactly where I left it, so that shouldn't have been an obstacle. Simultaneously, I had a temporary situation going on at work that was supposed to be a lot more temporary than it ended up being. So in early July when I thought, "I'll get back to the Warhammer Quest game" I found myself too exhausted for that. But I adjusted after like a week and a half. And from there, it just kind of fell off the map.

It's going to look like I decided to get back to this with the new year or something, but really, it's just that the thing at work is done with, and even though it should be unrelated to the game, the hiatus was linked to it in my mind for no good reason. Anyway, I'm back for real and real work planning this room was something I did like two years ago, so there's no reason not to finish it, assuming enough of you are still around and interested in making that happen...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You arrive in the Heart Chamber, and all is quiet. Hurzevarkh's warning seems to be toothless, for now. Jekaena puts her hand to the taproot, then pulls back and incants a short verse from the Sylvan Epic. She guides Carrow and places his hand in another spot on the taproot, incants another verse, and allows him to return to his designated position. As he does so, faint tendrils of blue and green light begin flickering into existence, seemingly connecting Jekaena to the tree. As she begins her healing ritual, a crashing sound interrupts from across the chamber.

Beastmasters are Dark Elf warriors who control packs of snarling Chaos Hounds or Warhounds in combat, directing them towards their foes using whips. A single Beastmaster and the first threats to emerge in the Heart Chamber. The Dark Elf unleashes a battle cry and gestures with his whip at Jekaena.

-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.

-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before the Combat Phase starts.
-The Chaos Hounds attempt an ambush, but Throg's Telepathy won't let them.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It figures that Ty would have the Pit Training effect kick in when the plan is to hold formation so as to protect Jekaena and Carrow... :rolleyes:

Ty moves into a position that allows Rev to join the fight, but otherwise is careful to not allow the bad guys to get around and flank the crew while he waits for the enemy to get into melee range, then will attack the nearest enemy when they do...:)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Does Ty have a spare weapon he can throw? C'mon, it's a free attack. I'd give you a shoe to throw, but I think Throg is too far away.

Also, Throg will defend his side of the chamber by killing anything that comes in range with his usual bevy of attacks.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Fine... :rolleyes:

Following Throg's "advice" (time allowing) Ty will dig out the Pit Flail and throw it like a bolo, attempting to trip up the incoming baddies...🎳

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So there's only the two ways to get to to the party, on each side of the tree on the top and bottom?
Sorry, apparently I missed this post. Was going to roll some dice just now, but I'll hold off for a bit. Anyway, like I said, assailants can arrive from all four directions.

Oversoul said:
Assailants can arrive from all four directions, either through the corridor you've just traversed (you did leave two pathways unexplored on your way here) or through the root maze that makes up the other three walls of this chamber.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Right, but the immediate threat of the Beastmaster and Hounds is across the chamber, correct? Are you saying they can go through the root maze and emerge to the top or bottom or behind us as well as the direct route of west of us (as the map shows)?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh, so apparently we need to circle the wagons (proverbially) and defend Jekaena while she fixes the tree, so I guess Ty holds position and waits for an opportunity to go bowling... 🎳

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You totally are. It's just a case of me letting my books and notes get buried under some other work in the basement again. I'll try to let your reminder serve as motivation to change that...

turgy22

Nothing Special
The Dark Elf attackers suddenly see the folly of their ways. They call off the attack and invite everyone in the group on a picnic. Everyone has a wonderful time and lives happily ever after. Also, Throg becomes king of the world and everyone agrees that he's pretty awesome.