Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Advancing further, the corridor turns left. You hear the disembodied voice of Hurzevarkh. He sighs, but now sounds a bit nervous...

"Well, here you are. No detours? I might have slightly exaggerated my own proximity, though. I had some urgent matters come up, and I've been delayed. But I can assure you that we'll meet face-to-face very soon. At last, I can wipe this whole pesky forest kingdom off the map and raise the dead as the newest recruits in Master Orm's army. Thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor. Now, don't do anything foolish like try to heal the tree. It would take you too long and I'd put a stop to that long before you could hope to finish. Just hold the girl there for me and we can wrap this up..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Girl? You must be REALLY old if you think Jekaena is just a girl...lol"

Does there seem to be an opportunity to heal the tree up ahead????? Or do we need to take on the beastmen/undead thing first?

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Hurzevarkh said it would be foolish to heal the tree. Can someone remind me if he was offering a reward for Jekaena?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Turning the corner, the roots twist condense, leading to a basal nexus underground. This must be the spot where Nayadra poisoned the tree. It looks kind of like a taproot, but larger than any you've ever seen, and partially rotting away. Jekaena clasps the book and grimaces...

"Ah, I think the reward Hurzevarkh was offering was to let you live. But I also think he's not planning to follow through on that one. Anyway, we're here. I'll get to work, but it'll take a while. Our enemies will be upon us before I've completed this task. I need to borrow Carrow briefly, but I think I can get him back to you before we're under attack..."

I posted an updated map with the corner and the heart chamber in the Discord. The fountain represents the taproot, and should be considered a floor-to-ceiling obstacle for movement/vision in the chamber. Jekaena must remain adjacent to the taproot, but you may position all other party-members however you like in preparation for defending her. Assailants can arrive from all four directions, either through the corridor you've just traversed (you did leave two pathways unexplored on your way here) or through the root maze that makes up the other three walls of this chamber.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
All kidding aside, I think we should spread out and surround the tree/Jekaena. Ty will take up a spot to the north side of the taproot, watching the "root-maze" for any signs of hostiles... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will take one of the spots in front of the corridor entrance we just traversed. This sucks that they can come at any direction though... maybe Rev should be Jekaena's "personal" bodyguard and stay with her if any break through and get close to her?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I think spreading out is a bad idea. If we leave space between ourselves, we're liable to be surrounded individually.
I think we should form a wall around Jek. Let the hordes fill up the empty spaces.
Proposal (the table represents the 4x4 grid which makes up the lower half of the chamber):

TyTREETREE<empty>
TomasJekCarrow<empty>
KelgarRevThrog<empty>
<empty>Dorgath<empty><empty>

This way, Jekaena's completely protected, the tree offers protection from attacks coming from the north and our strongest characters are on the "corners".

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Good point. I like this alignment, though I think Kelgar should be more centered since he's (I would think) our main source of battle heals with Jekaena busy. Maybe switch him and Rev?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Good point. I like this alignment, though I think Kelgar should be more centered since he's (I would think) our main source of battle heals with Jekaena busy. Maybe switch him and Rev?
Good point. Rev should definitely be in Kelgar's place. For some reason, I thought he was more of a healer, but looking back, most of his spells are combat related and he doesn't do healing. Also, as an NPC, he's expendable.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Home computer is fixed and I should actually be home tonight, so hopefully I'll get back to this soon. No, really.