Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Okay." Combat ready but looking for traps, doors, foul odors, weird noises, etc. ...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Continuing further down the tunnel, another familiar voice echoes around you. It's Hurzevarkh, the dark elf sorcerer that could be heard issuing commands to your opponents when you first reached Welhallas...

"Ah, there you are. What did you just do? How did you even find this place? No worries: it's destiny. You've rid me of the followers of Malekith and now you bring the prize right to me. Well done. Your journey is nearly complete. Bring me the book. And the girl."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
How much more of this adventure is left to do? Are we close to the end? Or not so much...:confused:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry. You're pretty close to the end of this one. Some stuff going on at home had me sitting on this because, since February, I'd been under the impression that I'd be able to present a much better long-term setup for displaying and updating the tile pieces at some point in early/mid April. Obviously that fell through (nothing too bad or dramatic, just something I didn't really follow up on with the folks living in my house). It's really not an insurmountable obstacle and I should have just found a solution instead of procrastinating on it. If we keep the campaign going after this adventure, I'll edit/formalize everything and create a proper, dedicated setup. In the meantime, we might as well finish what we started and power through this...

I can post an updated map tonight. But at this point, you're still in a long hallway, having passed the Chaos shrine. The marching order is currently...

Ty & Carrow
Dorgath & Revaethan
Jekaena & Tomas
Kelgar & Throg

After the disembodied voice of Hurzevarkh makes that proclamation, all goes quiet. Do you keep moving forward or did you have something else in mind?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I had a brainfart and posted the next dungeon tile in the CPA Discord anyway, so I'm assuming that the party continues down the corridor, but let me know if anyone wants to backtrack or anything.

Further along the passage, you find doors to either side of you. The main passage stretches on ahead. You hear Hurzevarkh's voice echoing through the corridor again.

"I'll help you out, here. On your left, you'll find some beastmen. I don't know what hold Orm has over them, nor why he keeps using them. This bunch are eager to avenge the deaths of their comrades in Middenheim. Deaths that came at your hands, I'm told. So I've placed them out of the way, waiting for you to answer their challenge. You could ignore them, of course, but that means they'll just try to ambush you later. Ha! You beat Nazzrakin, so that lot shouldn't be a problem for you. Fight them now or fight them later. Either way it should be entertaining for me. On your right is some kind of terrifying undead thing. Not one of mine. I think it's from Nekehara, and I have no idea how it got here! Looks pretty dangerous. You should probably stay away from it. Straight ahead, well, I think you know what lies straight ahead..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I hate leaving enemies behind me, but I will follow Carrow towards Hurzevarkh (is he straight ahead? :eek: ).