Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty moves into a supporting position, ready to jump into the fray if someone needs to drop out...:sneaky:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Before you do that, Ty comes over to the bottom part of the "T" and sees if he can move in next to Kelgar, leaving room for Throg and Revaethan to join him if they like, so if/when the elf and dwarf maneuver the wights towards us we're in a position to catch them between us.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not really clear on what you guys mean. Other than Turgy. I know exactly what Turgy is talking about. Great job, Turgy.

Seriously though, I'd better just post an updated map. Please let me know where your characters are trying to move.
desolateroots05.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
While fighting is going on in some other room on the other side of the hallway, Throg resumes his investigation of the ooze. He notices that it appears to be highly caustic, but that some object does appear to be embedded in there.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty indicates to Revaethan what he plans and moves into a position next to Jekaena. "Step back and stay behind me Jekaena," he tells her, "and heal us if we take damage, okay?" As she complies he moves into the square she formerly occupied and will wait to help out if/when he can.

The map is helpful...:)

turgy22

Nothing Special
While fighting is going on in some other room on the other side of the hallway, Throg resumes his investigation of the ooze. He notices that it appears to be highly caustic, but that some object does appear to be embedded in there.
Throg will attempt to disembed the object. He'll try to move it with one of his fancy boots to avoid touching the ooze.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arg. I hate being on mobile.

so if the middle green squares were number A, B, etc as rows and 1,2,etc as columns so Carrow is in A1 and Dorgath is in B1, the plan was for Kelgar and O? Who’s that? To move to A5 and B5, Carrow and Dorgath to move to C3 and C4, and Jekeana to move to either D3/4 or A/B6. Does that help?

If we cant do that or already botched it with everyone’s moves above, Dorgath moves back with Carrow so we only face two Wraiths at a time.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
O is Tomas, and I didn't think we actually HAD a plan going into this (rather the opposite, actually). My assumption was that Tomas and Kelgar would stay mobile enough to allow you and Carrow enough room to maneuver however you need to, so I don't think you're "blocked" Moose. Now, I guess if you guys want to duck into C3 and C4 before I get there I could stop @B5 and get ready, leaving everyone else to do whatever they want. I'm okay with that, so yeah, we could do that.

I didn't mean to offend anyone - I'm just trying to get things moving here...
:)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty indicates to Revaethan what he plans and moves into a position next to Jekaena. "Step back and stay behind me Jekaena," he tells her, "and heal us if we take damage, okay?" As she complies he moves into the square she formerly occupied and will wait to help out if/when he can.
This was before you labeled the squares like a battleship game, so in essence I stated here I was (more or less) replacing Jekaena in square C3 and asking her to move behind me. Then you posted that (among other moves) you and Carrow were planning a move to C3 and C4 and wondered whether my post had messed that up. So I said:

I guess if you guys want to duck into C3 and C4 before I get there I could stop @B5 and get ready, leaving everyone else to do whatever they want. I'm okay with that, so yeah, we could do that.

So yeah, if you had a plan and were already on the move I have no objections. I'll just try and fit in wherever...
;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How about we switch spots/places then? You and Kelgar take C3 and C4, which goes with your plan/move, and Carrow and I move all the back to A5 and B5.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I'm good with that. I was actually thinking of Rev for that spot though, so Kelgar could bless and heal us to compensate for the fear factor. And I just wanna say it's very nice of the wraiths to allow us this time for discussion/planning. And to think I thought of them as nothing more than mindless, ravening ghouls when I first saw we'd be fighting them... :rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
LOL This discussion is great, but I'm not going to attempt to parse it and remark the dungeon tiles until I've got some time at home again (should be tonight).

I was going to say that it would have gone a lot faster on a tabletop, but I wanted to make sure that everyone was clear about where their characters were going. I guess the more important part is that if it had been a tabletop, I'd have already pointed out that they're wights, not wraiths. :p