Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Jekaena, Lightning Bolt a Wraith"! Dorgath continues to fire at the Wraiths since there doesn't seem be a path yet.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
A terror induced Carrow leaps forward and tries to run over (and/or past) the Wraith in front of him, holding his sword out in front of him as a shield against the incredibly scary apparition.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I totally forgot about Ty attempting to switch places with Jekaena but we'll just assume that he was successful.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
If Kelgar gives him an opening (or will switch places) Ty will move to engage a wraith...:devilish:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.
-Jekaena throws a Lightning Bolt at the approaching wraith (28/30).
-Tomas holds his magic for healing.
-Kelgar blesses himself with Scourge of Chaos. His attacks are at +1 to-hit this turn.
-Carrow slips past the approaching wraith, frantically waving his sword around. The wraith doesn't seem to react and Carrow easily escapes to a safe distance behind it.
-Ty gets an opening and advances. He breaks from pinning successfully and (correction: Ty is wearing a Shadow Crown and cannot be pinned, although I rolled anyway because I forgot) moves so that he's behind the frozen wraith.

-Ty has been stuck in the middle of the pack, watching the fight for so long that his anger and frustration overwhelm any unease he might have at fighting these horrifying undead monsters.
-Ty clobbers a wraith with his morningstar (24/30).
-Ty plunges his fist spike into the ethereal body of his opponent (19/30).
-Ty impales the wraith on his fist spike (12/30).
-Ty swipes at his target with his fist spike, but the wraith ducks beneath it.
-Ty tries to land a knee-strike, but finds it difficult.

-Ty seems to connect with a knee-strike, but the ethereal nature of the wraith leaves it unaffected.
-Revaethan slips past Tomas and charges headlong into the approaching wraith. He feels no Terror from it.

-Revaethan slices a wraith (9/30).
-Revaethan clips a wraith with a glancing blow from one of his twin swords (8/30).
-Roughly, but with enough care to keep her from getting hurt, Dorgath pulls Jekaena backward and propels himself forward. Dorgath moves in behind Revaethan, waiting for a chance to hit a wraith with his axe.
-Throg's Ice Missile misses.

-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Throg throws a fancy boot at a wraith. It misses.
-As Throg's ice prison disappears, Dorgath desperately swings his axe. His Terror overtakes him and fouls the attempt.
-Dorgath, still seeming to fumble uncontrollably, suddenly lands a miraculous Great Axe Attack, cleaving the wraith as it reaches out to touch him (9/30).

-Dorgath kicks timidly and completely fails to hit anything.
-Dorgath botches a gauntlet attack.

-Dorgath pulverizes a wraith with his second gauntlet attack.
-Kelgar's Ring of Command augments his Strength.
-As the last remaining wraith clutches at Kelgar, the priest slams his hammer into the undead monster, obliterating it in a concussive shower of ectoplasm.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Incidentally, the Power Phase roll is 2 for the next turn. Doesn't really matter to you guys since no one is currently hurt, there are no more monsters, and the result wasn't 1...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay for pulverizing gauntlets! :p Do undead leave loot behind? If not, is the torch still lit? Dorgath looks at the board to see what's on it, if anything.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yay for pulverizing gauntlets! :p Do undead leave loot behind?
Normal undead do leave loot behind. Special undead summoned to punish you for failing the puzzle do not. Otherwise you'd keep failing on purpose to rack up loot. :eek:

This way only Turgy will fail on purpose. :rolleyes:

If not, is the torch still lit? Dorgath looks at the board to see what's on it, if anything.
Yes. The board now shows an image of a bent grate.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty looks around to see if there's a bent grate somewhere...:unsure:

Edit: redundant wording redacted...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
To recap:
Once more, the illusion dissolves. This time, taking inventory, everyone seems to be back to normal (relatively speaking). You find yourselves at the bottom of some dark, unscalable chasm. The only way forward is through another of those huge timber doors. This time the brazier alongside the door burns with a pink flame. As before a torch is leaning on the door and a board is mounted in the middle of the door. This board is surrounded by alien glyphs.
Ty looks to see if any of the glyphs resemble a grate (bent or otherwise) or a bucket.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty closely scrutinizes the glyphs surrounding the board. He decides that they don't really look like anything. Eventually, Tomas steps in to help him look...

Tomas: "These glyphs are definitely magical in nature and they're controlling what images show up on the board. What's so odd about this is that not only can I not read the glyphs, but they're not in a language that's even related to any language I've ever seen before. Whatever beings use these glyphs for magic don't have minds that work the way ours do. They're extremely alien. Even Skaven glyphs would be somewhat recognizable. All I can do is try to watch for the flow of magic, and I guess I didn't catch anything helpful. When Dorgath touched the torch to the board, it triggered a magical trap in the same way that the other board did when Throg touched the wrong part of the board. But I don't know what he did wrong."

Jekaena: "I'm still convinced that touching the torch to the board was the right move. I think that somehow, Dorgath was the wrong person. Don't ask me how the board knows which person is the right one. I can't read this stuff either. And if any of us have some special connection to a grate or a bucket, I can't think of how. Seems silly. We could try random people if you want to keep fighting wraiths, although I'd rather not..."