Warhammer Quest Campaign Main Thread

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Oversoul, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TomB Administrative Assistant

It looks like Bretonnia and Loren Forests are geographically near one another on the map, so if we need to go to Bretonnia to find out more about the "Beacons" quest it should be a simple matter to go there after dealing with rejuvenating that tree...:)
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I forget how we handled this before, but it occurs to me now, just as I was about to roll for a fight against some rats, that I don't know which weapons people are using. While you're always free to specify, before combat, which weapon you wish to wield, it seems like it might be useful to have some defaults. Trying not to make assumptions. Here's what I'm seeing now...

Right now, it's pretty simple for Throg, as he's kind of stuck with his Axe of Mighty Striking for now (he owns some magic swords, but the only magic weapons he's allowed to wield are Chaos weapons).

Tomas and Skullcrusher are off doing their own thing for now, but I have their defaults set to the Weeping Blade and the Blade of Leaping Copper, respectively.

Kelgar can only use hammers, so he doesn't get a lot of options. In the past, he'd used his starting warhammer, but now he has a Hammer of Spite, which is a strict upgrade. I'll assume he's using the Hammer of Spite unless instructed otherwise. The use of that hammer's magic ability is optional, so I'll only invoke it if an enemy is chosen (I can't think of a reason not to use the ability, though).

Carrow has multiple optionsm, but I have some foggy recollection that he MM specified his preferences already. Correct me if this is wrong: until I'm instructed otherwise, I'll assume that he's using his Surefire Bow if his post indicates that he's using a bow and doesn't specify a different bow, and I'll assume that he's using his Sword of Hoeth if his post indicates melee and doesn't specify a different weapon.

Dorgath has multiple options. I forget which axe he was using before. Pick a default and I'll go with that one. I think Spidey actually stated his preference in a post somewhere, but I can't remember what it was.

Tyresius has the choice of either his Pit Flail or his Fist Spike. The Pit Flail his harder (+2 Strength) and can cause deathblows, but has a small chance of hitting Tyresius in the face if he rolls too badly. The Fist Spike can't cause deatblows, but lets him step into the space occupied by any enemy that he kills with it, and also has +2 Attacks. No default has been specified. He can use whichever he prefers, but not both in the same turn.

This being a message board and my updates being sporadic with my work schedule, we'll work out whatever system is best for you guys. If you'd prefer to give guidelines for your patterns of behavior in combat, I'll try to honor those. If you'd prefer to evaluate each situation yourself, that works too...
  4. TomB Administrative Assistant

Erm, I guess I misunderstood and thought the pit fighter dual-wielded...:oops:

Seems like it's going to be a bit tedious micromanaging each blow in the fights, but I'd say for now by default he leads into new targets with the fist spike and follows up with the flail. I'm also outfitted with knee-spikes now - I assume my attacks with them will occur whenever convenient...:)
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well, there is a Pit Fighter skill that can be gained in leveling up, which would allow that. Something to keep in mind when spending level-up points...

Sounds good. That should be enough for you not to have to micromanage. I know when monsters have taken some damage and I'd gather that if Ty can see that they're weakened, he might take the opportunity to switch to his flail.

Yep, those are bonus attacks. You get those no matter which weapon you're wielding.
  6. turgy22 Nothing Special

So all my swords are magical swords?
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Correct.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I am using my Great Axe of Smiting.
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

First time that I'm trying this, as people may find it relevant. Here's the character sheet for the your current NPC tagalong. I'll try to post these when they come up, but they will not be updated as often. Mostly, they could help you gauge what your companions are capable of. Also, it might come up that you want to trade items...

Name: Revaethan
    Wounds: 18
    Move: 4
    Weapon Skill: 4
    Ballistic Skill: 6+
    Strength: 3
    Toughness: 3(6)
    Initiative: 6
    Attacks: 1
    Damage: 1D6
    Pinning: 3+
    Luck: 1
    Willpower: 3
    Gold: 6,867
    Equipment:

Equipped - Twin Swords of Orion: If wielded by a Wardancer, a deathblow may continue past a blocked square by switching from one sword to the other.
    -Dual Aspects of Oak: Each sword gives the Wardancer +1 Toughness. When wielded together, they give him +3 Toughness.
    -Dual Aspects of the Earth: Each sword deals +2 damage.

Equipped - Belt of Ariel: This magical belt was given to the Wardancer by Ariel, Queen of the Wood Elves. The belt has the power to absorb damage and even deflect hits taken by the Wardancer. Roll 1D6 at the start of each turn.
    1: No effect this turn.
    2-3: +1 Toughness for the turn.
    4-5: +2 Toughness for the turn.
    6: Completely blocks a single attack this turn.

Elf Waybread: Delicious rations that function as provisions, but do not spoil as easily as normal provisions. 20 cakes remaining.

Elf Rope: Stronger than normal rope. Under stress, only breaks on a roll of 1.

Healing Potion: Restores 1D6 Wounds. 2 potions remaining.

Wand of Ariel: +2 to break from pinning. If the roll to escape from pinning is a 1, the wand's enchantment is exhausted and fades away.

Special abilities:

Dance of Death: If the Wardancer's deathblow eliminates all adjacent foes, he may continue to move and continue his deathblow until it misses, fails to kill a target, or until he runs out of Move.

Woven Mist: Instead of moving and attacking as normal, the Wardancer may enter a trance-like state, splitting 1D6+0 between Move and Attacks for the turn.