WarCraft II

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I LOVE any game that says "blizzard" on it. I prefer starcraft over warcraft 2 but they both have their charms.

W

Whimsical

Loved that game ... first learned to play it when a couple of friends of mine decided I'd be easy bait in a multi-player game ... I got slaughtered. :) Three sessions later, they were horrified to hear 5 minutes into the game ... "We're ready, master." Not bad for a girl... :D

Level 5 Ogre Mages in five minutes ... all three of them got slaughtered by moi. <evil sadistic laugh cue>

Aaahhhhh... I miss those days. Back then, the most dreadful thing you could hear as an Orc player was the sound of a bell tolling (For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica, anyone?) ... which meant one of your deathknights got exorcised.

Starcraft has it's own charm. It still gives me the sniffles thinking about how Tassadar sacrificed himself and the Gantrithor... and ppor Raynor!

Here's hoping that harridan Kerrigan gets what she deserves in Starcraft 2 ... a Yamato Gun bolt right up the kisser. :D

Now if you'll excuse me ... I've got some filthy humans to send back into the Portal ... in as many pieces as possible...

Z

Zadok001

Ah! I haven't played that game in SO long! I doubt I could find the CD if I tried... But it was so fun. I remember games with many, many dragons and ships, dozens of water landings, Peasants being slaughted by the thousands! Ah, but for the Wars...

I don't like Starcraft as much, to be honest. I like the units, I like the play... But it doesn't have the same style as Warcraft. Maybe I just ODed on it at some point (I got all the way to Nationals in one huge tourney), but I haven't played it in almost eight months. You can only look at so many Dragoons...

E

ErinPuff

I haven't played that in soooo long..

The elf's voice is sexy! **giggles like a schoolgirl**

I usually prefer games where I have time to think, but Warcraft II is fun.

Anyone ever played the first one? I tried once, and couldn't because the graphics sucked so bad. :)

C

Cateran Emperor

Don't be dissin' War 1. it's graphics were low tech, but it had some kind of charm that the sequel never quite matched for me. Mind you, I'm not saying War 2 is bad at all, I love it! I'm just depressed that my copy of the original is gone :(

To another topic, what does everyone think of War 3 so far? All I can say is, I'm sold. It says Blizzard, you KNOW it's quality is through the roof. They're the one company you know you can trust for an extraordinary game every time. If for no other reason than for the off the wall humor (what is it with cows in diablo :D ) Heck, I just like listening to the orcs. And so, in the words of the Troll Destroyer:

"Who wants to sing?"

"DAAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOOOO GA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

D

dw51688

[color="FFE0E8"]W[/color][color="FFA0B8"]A[/color][color="FF809F"]R[/color][color="FF406F"]C[/color][color="FF003F"]R[/color][color="A00028"]A[/color][color="600018"]F[/color][color="800040"]T [/color][color="E00070"]I[/color][color="FF409F"]I[/color]

I am bored and decided to make a little thing in Warcraft two's honor.If you want it just copy the bottom and get rid of the *'s

[*color="FFE0E8"]W[/color][*color="FFA0B8"]A[/color][*color="FF809F"]R[/color][*color="FF406F"]C[/color][*color="FF003F"]R[/color][*color="A00028"]A[/color][*color="600018"]F[/color][*color="800040"]T [/color][*color="E00070"]I[/color][*color="FF409F"]I[/color]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I loved it! Never played multi-player, just a friend over the modem and then I got a new modem and the game won't recognize it! So I haven't played since...

One thing I found puzzling was that in single-player, when I was the orcs, I never found the need to use any of the spells. Pretty much same for the humans, except for Polymorph.

W

Whimsical

You NEVER had to use a spell in Warcraft II ('cept for polymorph), mister Wallcrawler sir? Wow. I can't imagine making it through Beyond the Dark Portal expansion without having to use Bloodlusted Ogres, Death and Decay on the towers and clumped-up units, Haste on the Sappers, etc., etc. You must be one helluva player, Spidey! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a half a year, but I'm PRETTY :) sure I didn't use any. I found them very confusing... not the spells themselves, but having to click on them and blah, blah, blah while watching my units fight. I think I subscribed to the theory of simply overwhelming the enemy... first defense with towers, archers, and catapults (and the orc equivalents) and then attack with all the good stuff. I MIGHT have used animate bones, but pretty sure none of the destructive stuff. It was upgrade, upgrade, upgrade and used mostly the catapults to kill the enemy towers since they had a bigger range than them. I honestly can't remember all I did... I started to replay it but then I found Baldur's Gate... :D

C

Chaos Turtle

I loved Warcraft II.

I can't wait for III to be released.

Off-topic:

I've seen a couple of preliminary reviews for Final Fantasy IX. It looks amazing. Square is returning the series to a fantasy base, unlike the last two intallments in the series, which were the weakest in terms of story of the lot.

N

NeuroDeus

I like Warcraft...but I prefer the Blizz's Starcraft... well I kick ass with Zerg...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I know it took a while, but that was at least partially because of the unscheduled delay caused by the death of my 1st hard drive. And I played it all the way through from both the Human perspective and the Orcish.

I think Spiderman is right. I didn't even build a Temple of the Damned during the last few Orcish scenarios, since every time I tried to use a Death Knight it was Exorcised. Ogre-Mages were infinitely more effective, overall, and, of course, I made a lot of Dragons. It was pretty much the same from the Human side too. Beatdown worked SO much better than magic I didn't even bother with the Mage Towers.

One thing I do wonder about: What's up with the Daemons? How come the Orcs get them when I'm playing the Humans, and the other Orcs get them when I'm on the Orcish side (Mission 12) but I never got the ability to get them? I was looking forward to it.

Despite all that, it's a great game! :D

D

DÛke

...but first:

ErinPuff said:
The elf's voice is sexy! **giggles like a schoolgirl**
I didn't know you could hear me! Thanks;).

Anyway, for War Craft II, I never thought much of it until one of my old friends years ago let me barrow it for like a day. I never was much into computer games in the first place, so I gave the CD to my brother. He loves games (good for him), he instantly grabbed the thing like it was gonna fly or something. He put it down on the computer, installed it, he played it, he liked it, I tried it, I liked it. The next thing I know, my brother was out buying the game, both, War Craft I and II along with the expansion packs or whatever the heck there is.

Ofcourse, he has heard of the game before, but he's into Heros of Might and Magic. Oh well.

So that's my story, or atleast the shattered little memmories I recall of it.

There...:)...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TomB: You built Dragons? I don't think I needed those either...

As for Daemons, I think they were an NPC race. You couldn't get them as a player and they just came in the scenario.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I was in the same boat last year, till I got my computer at home back in January.

Yes, Spiderman. I made dragons. Lots of them. Griffins too, when I did the human scenarios. It was fun, and if you use them right they can be devastating.

In reading back over the thread, I think I get what Whimsical was saying. I've started the "Beyond the Dark Portal" expansion now, and I can definitely see where magic will be a big help.

We'll see how it goes. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My last post wasn't meant to sound condescending (and I could see where it might have come off that way). More I guess in wonderment, for lack of a better word. As I said before, I just used the foot soldiers, grouped them in the largest set (9?) and sent them against the foe. Brute force always won the day :)

I want Beyond the Dark Portal expansion :(