Wanted to say hey, and...

D

DÛke

Hey, I just registered. Yes, I'm the same DÛke from MTGnews.com if you knew me. This place is great.
However, is it just me or is this message board a bit harder to navigate? I think it's just me, because I'm used to MTGnews' message boards, but I still think it could be the message board itself...

Great place overall though.

Z

Zadok001

Hey, Duke. Welcome in. :)

We actually chose this layout due to fact we initiated off the Dojo boards, and they used the same design when we left them to come here. So most of us are pretty used to 'em. The same princibles apply, but there are several key differences.

First of all, the list of posts is prioritized based on the most recently added to. So a post can stay at the top of the list for literally years, as long as there are new posts being added to it all the time. MtgNews allowed the most recent topics to remain at the top.

You can edit or delete your posts here.

You can get a nickname, or have your title switched around, if you'd like. I have "Greater Good fanatic" as mine, but they can be anything. If you'd like one, ask me.

And finally, you can Private Message people right off the 'boards. Just click the little button that says 'PM' at the bottom of anyone's post, and you send them a message. To check yours, go to the very bottom of the main 'boards screen (where all the seperate boards are listed, General Discussion, Casual Play/Decks, Off Topic, etc...), and your PM box will be the last thing listed, complete with cute little lightbulb. :)

Good luck, Duke. :) Keep the MtgNews boards under control for us. :)

"Wind at the backs of everyone involved."

M

manchot_13

uh... i'm not good at greetings... so hi...

the takklemaggots will save you...

T

theorgg

Welcome! just don't try to duke anybody :).

a bit of advice for navigating theese things. The best thing for me is to go to the forum place I like to start at(founders.. errr-Off Topic) and go to the nearest the bottom that has somthing new added to it.(It's folder will be a different colur). Hit the blablabla> button on the right to go to the next-newest. If you post, go to the "forum jump" box and choose that forum again. It'll take you to the main part of that section. you then repeat the process.
when you've finished all the new posts on the thread, go to forum jump and choose the next forum you want to read. rince(wind) and repeat if desired.

I recommend the fo... Offtopic forum and General CPA stuff, though I'm lazy and don't care for others' "tech" :)

Welcome, and I hope I was of some help...
so how did you like the CPA's interview with Peter Adkinson? :)
yes, I'm bragging a bit...
I've been tole I'm entitled to it, but I still don't feel quite right about saying "my interview"...:p

C

Cateran Overlord

Yes, this is the same Overlord from the MTGnews boards. Trust me, these boards are FAR better :D

T

The Magic Jackal

Welcome, I think that you'll at least find it interesting here.....to say the least.

F

Fire Slinger

I personally never really liked the MtGnews board. I think this place is a whole lot better.

Oh, and by the way, welcome...

A

Almindhra

Its too difficult to see topics that have new postings...And its just a long list of the topics...

[Edited by Almindhra on August 15th, 2000 at 01:46 AM]

D

Duel

Let's hope you turn out better.

I hear you were at one point a jerk. I'm one too! We shoudl get along. Or not.

Anyways, welcome to the CPA, we won't judge you, don't worry.

D

DÛke

Hey Spidy, aren't kind of late :)
I understand, you didn't want to welcome me until I was 'cleared' to you...

D

Duel

Spidy's been absent (or just silent) for a while.

BTW, Glad to have you back, Spidy!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boy, I feel like I went away without knowing it! Thanks guys!

No, actually, I only get on here during the week (from work). So since you (DUke) posted on a Saturday, I didn't see it until Tuesday ('cause Monday our server went down). But I always welcome newcomers, so better late than never!

A

Apollo

Welcome! Though now I guess I'm welcoming a veteran... that's kinda weird.

D

DÛke

It helped a lot.
I know a lot of great people now, like Magical Jackal, Nodnab24, theorgg, Casey/FoundationofRancor/Psycammar, and a lot more.

It's great when you know someone, and you're well known :)