Wal-Mart ?

S

smurfturd

I was wondering why Wal-mart dosent sell magic?
They sell wizards baseball ccg & pok me mon & dig me mon, why not magic.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

R

Rando

Wal-Mart is a company that started in the Bible-belt of the USA and thinks that Magic is too "naughty" for thier clean-cut, good ol' fashioned American image. They will sell Cosmo, whose covers sometimes rival that of Playboy (although not the content obviously) but they will not sell Inquest.
I hate Wal-Mart. A while ago I put in an application for a assistant manager job at a Wal-Mart and during the interview I was forced to watch this elitist propaganda video about how Wal-Mart was going to save the world and how Sam Walton himself was sent to us mortals from Paradise to give us K-mart products at Dollar General Store prices. Or at least that is how it seemed to me.

N

Neo_Keo

I don't think thats actualy true because my Walmart does sell Topdeck and it Has Magic( But Inquest rulz )

U

Ura

I HATE Wal-Mart, and not just a little bit!

Its big mass distribution department stores like that, that crush smaller shops like mine. They completely destroyed me when it came to selling pokemon cards.
Why you ask?
I had a better price by just shy of two dollars, I had all the same sets and stock that they did, I had singles too.
but they have umpteen billion dollars they advertise with till everyone and they're dog is brainwashed or flooded with only images of wal-mart. Small business's can't compete with marketing giants like that. Especially when the wal-mart here is just around the corner from my place.
Pokemon is completely and utterly dead in this area cause they saturated it so baddly with they're capitalist, holier than thou, market destroying flood of overpriced packs.

*Seeths for a moment before regaining composure*

I hope wal-mart and every other major department chain NEVER carry magic. They don't know anything about it and just want peoples money, they have no stake or heart in it. They'll do just what they did here with pokemon and destroy the market by flooding it till everyone has seen and got everything.
I dread living in a world as a gamer where things such as game shops can't exist because they got destroyed and run into the dirt by corporate giants.
There would be no centeral meeting place, no place to go talk about the latest news or tech, no place to check out and play other games, and no place that would run tournaments and other fun events.
No Wal-Mart will do that, I almost gaurantee it. :mad:

I'm gonna be quiet now before I start shedding.... :mad:

R

Rando

Originally posted by Neo_Keo

I don't think thats actualy true because my Walmart does sell Topdeck and it Has Magic( But Inquest rulz )
Really? That would be the only Wal-Mart I have ever heared of that sells Magic. Where do you live?

D

Duster

As I recall Wal-Mart used to sell Magic back during Revised and that time period, maybe even Unlimited, but I digress... anyway, someone stated that Wal-Mart began in the Bible Belt and I guess a few concerned parents were concerned with cards that "depicted satanism" such as Demonic Tutor and Unholy Strength. So they refused to carry it. It's for this same reason that Demonic Tutor was never printed again (not to mention it's POWER!) and Unholy Strength had the pentagram removed from the artwork. Demonic Hordes and a few other cards suffered the same fate. You'll never see the word Demon in a Magic card again.

Today, I had something to say,
D

R

Rando

Maybe.

Remember that Wizards has D&D now and they ARE bringing demons back into it.
So maybe someday, when parents realize that if a small rectangle of cardboard can warp thier young then something deeper is obviously going on, we will see demons once more.
Maybe.

E

Elrond

The Wal-Mart near me sells Top Deck too, but I think they sell it because of its Pokemon coverage and the Magic side of it just happens to be there.