Wakefield

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, I was bored, so I started checking out some Asheron's Call sites, since I used to play it (back in November). Well, check out this post I stumbled upon:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?mes=5347412
If you don't care, oh well. It was just kinda funny to see, especially since "Bob_the_hobo" started mentioning M:tg. :)

-mike

Z

Zadok001

Sweet... :) I had to reply, of course...

"I'm so dumb..."

U

Ura

Wow!
What an incredible sh*t storm of a thread.
But its nice to know Wakefield is still in gaming somewhere.
Maybe one day he'll come back to magic. :)

A

arhar

Gee people.

Wakefield has changed his nickname. WHY? Obviously, he doesn't want the past to come back and haunt him. We may not like the fact that he quit Magic - but who are we to tell him that's wrong? Obviously, he needs some privacy and last thing he needs is while he's discussing Asheron's Call, some Magic players he doesn't even know intrude and tell him to come back to Magic. Even though he's a celebrity and a person we all love very much, we have to respect his privacy.

Just my opinion

O

Ophidian

That was unbelevable! A classic case of too many opinionated people with too much free time on their hands. Makes me wonder about why anyone WOULD want to get started in that game now.

And now for something completely different...GO BLUES!!!!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Everyone: I REALLY didn't mean for you to post there. I was just posting the link so you would know that he is still a visible figure, albeit in a different game.

Ophidian: Nah, go FLYERS! :)

-mike

[Edited by Ed Sullivan (04-04-2000 at 02:58 PM).]

Killer Joe

Are we as a Magic community in such a state that we have allowed ourselves to establish a savior (of sorts)? Wakefields articles were great (my fav was the one where he and his friend talked about Picard vs Kirk), but he's just a dude who played and wrote about something he liked, and now he's gone. <point blank> Let him be......there's was a cheezy poem I once read that said something to effect that if you let it go and it doesn't come back then it was never true and if it does it was.....or something like that.
Although, it was kind of cool to voyuer like that in the world of A.C.

M

mogg bomber

Well, Wakefield does have his own column in Topdeck, so he's not completely gone yet(although who's to say how long that's going to last). Besides, the dojo's pretty much dead now anyway.

A

Apollo

Wow! I feel like an idiot. I too had to respond, Zadok. And I have never played AC in my life! But there were a lot of people overreacting to an innocent post.

Apollo