W/G & R/G

M

Mundungu

I post this here 'cause it concerns decks even if I personally will not post a deck.

EVER SINCE I played magic I have tried to make a good white/Green deck, because I loved white but also because of a couple of cards which I thought had a good synergy.

I have tried many times but however always ended up making either a pure white or pure green deck. It just seems that those colors are stronger on their own than combined together.

Any of you guys ever have managed to create a solid G/W deck ? I dont mean combo but creature+ utilities, or control ???

Recently (3 month ago) I fell upon Kird Ape. Same thing for R and G. It seems that green's creature rush + red's burn might be an excellent combination but alas, both colors together seem weaker than when played alone.

Any successfull R/G deck out there ???

Wha I would like to hear are not necesserally complete deck lists but more ideas of G/R and G/W synergy cards, or basic deck concepts.

An example would be the ErnaGeddon deck that was obciously a successfull deck type. You wouldnt have to list a complete deck but mention how good it is to have both. It is pretty easy to go from there.

Thanks for the input.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

nope. red is definitely best on it's own. cuz burn gets out hella fast

R

Rando

Kird Ape/Channel Ball

It could win through creatures, direct dammage or the channel ball.

key cards: Kird Ape, Channel, Fireball, lot's of little creatures, lot's of cheap direct damage.

it was a lot of fun to play, but not viable in today's enviorment most likely.

K

krichaiushii

G/W? I am having fun with a deck built around Deranged Hermit, Squirrel Wrangler, and Planar Birth.

Basically, it makes squirrels. Really big squirrels.

Its not for dueling -- being too slow and cumbersome, with a few holes in its defenses.

What format(s) do you want decklists of? Dueling or multiplayer, type I/1.5/II, anything goes? If you state these two requirements in your initial post, more of this community's advice will be useful to you.

D

Duel

My G/R Pandemonium/oath deck runs very well.
some of the best rogue decks have been g/r. The kird ape/fling deck that my friend Zack has is killer.

G/W geddon/overlaid terrain/copperleaf angel has been played
as has G/W stall.

M

Mundungu

Yeah I new I hard forgotten something in my post.
I would consider extended as my format of preference due to the fact that my card pool is really poor of Ice Age & older (apart from some staples like duals, Ernie, Kird Ape etc ...)

What about something using Stampeding wildbeast & Ghitu fireslinger ...
4 Bop
4 wall of blossom
4 stampeding wildbeast
4 ghitu Fireslinger

D

Densmore

awhile ago i posted a strong g/w deck that brings tears to my eyes just to look at.
here it is for your viewing pleasure:
white stuff/
4 land tax
4 balance
3 auratog
3 seal of cleansing
4 order of leitbur
2 soltari crusader
3 cho-arrim`s blessing
2 flickering ward

green stuff/
4 rancors