W/G Mana Mania

P

Purple_jester

I'm currently using a casual deck based on abusing the mana production abilites of Mirari's Wake. It's a lot of fun, and so far the shining moment of the deck was when I was able to produce 12 6/6 Wurms from a single Crush via Mirari. ;) The Living Wishes have also been sterling, fetching a smile from my opponents when I used it to search for "key" cards (all non-T2) like Maze of Ith, Krakillin, and Verdant Force.

Does anyone have any more suggestions? Please remember that this deck is meant to be more fun than competetive. Here's the deck:

Land: (23)
4 Brushland
1 Sungrass Prairie
12 Forest
6 Plains

Creatures and "Creatures": (22)
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Phantom Centaur
4 Roar of the Wurm
2 Grizzly Fate
2 Crush of Wurms
1 Ivy Elemental
1 Phantom Nishoba

Spells: (15)
4 Mirari's Wake
4 Elephant Guide
2 Armadillo Cloak
2 Overrun
2 Living Wish
1 Mirari

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

What do you plan to Living Wish for exactly?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Living Wishes have also been sterling, fetching a smile from my opponents when I used it to search for "key" cards (all non-T2) like Maze of Ith, Krakillin, and Verdant Force.

M

Mikeymike

This is a cool little build, I like it lots. The only thing I would say you should try to find room for is either a couple of Brawns or 1 more Living Wishes.

I've been playing with Living Wish, and its really good at getting incarnations and pitching them to the Mongrel (I'm running the Brushhopper too) - and there are 4 incarnations worth getting for this deck. Or even wish for a Centaur Cheiftain - that will surprise your group.

P

Purple_jester

Brawn is one of the cards I look for via Living Wish. The Incarnations are favorites of mine to look for, usually to pitch to Mongrel, but half the time I have so much mana with Mirari's Wake that I'm able to cast anything I wish up.

If I intend to play whatever I wish for, then I go for whatever land or creature shakes the game up the most. Sometimes it's Scragnoth. Other times it's Kjeldoran Outpost. However, I have noticed that Living Wish in casual play is great for balancing out your mana in an emergency.

I might play with the Brushopper, if I get one, but I'd only use one to keep the deck at it's fun level. ;)

M

Mikeymike

Hmmm, so what is a fun G/W way to discard in Type 2 - Nostalgic Dreams maybe?