W/B spirit control

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by V.L.Sigma, Jan 25, 2005.

1. V.L.Sigma New Member

it's been a loooong time, and i recently bought a box of kamigawa, and my rares selection gave me an idea. So, here it is:

Creatures: 20
    Horobi, Death's Wail x2
    Eight-and-a-half tails x2
    Yosei, the Morning Star x2
    Ashen-skin Zubera x4
    Silent-chant Zubera x4
    Cursed Ronin x3
    Pious Kitsune x3

Spells:16
    Devouring Greed x4
    Waking Nightmares x4
    Distress x4
    Betrayal of Flesh x4

Lands: 24
    Swamps x16
    Plains x8

The Idea is to use Horobi and Tails to clear any creatures out, kill with the ronins, and mess them up with the zuberas and Yosei. If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know. Thanks.
  2. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Any particular format? If its casual, there are plenty of cards that can break the hell out of Horobi and team up with 8.5 (Tower of the Magistrate, Kor Haven, Maze of Ith, Dauthi Embrace).

That combo is sound.

Triskelion could be strong as well.

I'm still out of the loop with many of the CoK cards...I've been lazy.
  3. V.L.Sigma New Member

I'm trying to keep it type 2. Other than that, I guess it would be a casual deck, but I am trying to make a tournament worthy deck that is my own idea, but how often does that happen to anyone? (don't answer that)
  4. V.L.Sigma New Member

you know, I looked it over, and I realized that I have a bunch of heavy cost cards in here. So, I overhauled the deck, and tried to make it faster. Instead of the cursed ronin, I desided to make my own with Devoted Retainer and Midnight Covenant. It's the same thing, but 1 mana less to pull off. Plus, I can do it whenever. Secondly, I'm taking out the betrayal of Flesh, and replacing it with souless revival. It's cheaper, and splices into arcane. the distress and pious Kitsune are out also, and I put in Kistune Blade-master, a solid blocker. So, this is what the deck looks like now:

Creatures:20
    Horobi, Death's Wail x2
    8.5 tails x2
    Yosei, the Morning Star x2
    Ashen-skin Zubera x4
    Silent-chant Zubera x4
    Devoted Retainer x3
    Kitsune Blade-master x3

Spells:12
    Waking Nightmare x4
    Devouring Greed x4
    Souless Revival x4

Enchantments:4
    Midnight Covenant x4

Lands:24
    Swamp x14
    Plains x10

Like before, I'm open to ideas and comments. Thanks guys.