W/B spirit control

V

V.L.Sigma

it's been a loooong time, and i recently bought a box of kamigawa, and my rares selection gave me an idea. So, here it is:

Creatures: 20
Horobi, Death's Wail x2
Eight-and-a-half tails x2
Yosei, the Morning Star x2
Ashen-skin Zubera x4
Silent-chant Zubera x4
Cursed Ronin x3
Pious Kitsune x3

Spells:16
Devouring Greed x4
Waking Nightmares x4
Distress x4
Betrayal of Flesh x4

Lands: 24
Swamps x16
Plains x8

The Idea is to use Horobi and Tails to clear any creatures out, kill with the ronins, and mess them up with the zuberas and Yosei. If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know. Thanks.

M

Mikeymike

Any particular format? If its casual, there are plenty of cards that can break the hell out of Horobi and team up with 8.5 (Tower of the Magistrate, Kor Haven, Maze of Ith, Dauthi Embrace).

That combo is sound.

Triskelion could be strong as well.

I'm still out of the loop with many of the CoK cards...I've been lazy.

V

V.L.Sigma

I'm trying to keep it type 2. Other than that, I guess it would be a casual deck, but I am trying to make a tournament worthy deck that is my own idea, but how often does that happen to anyone? (don't answer that)

V

V.L.Sigma

you know, I looked it over, and I realized that I have a bunch of heavy cost cards in here. So, I overhauled the deck, and tried to make it faster. Instead of the cursed ronin, I desided to make my own with Devoted Retainer and Midnight Covenant. It's the same thing, but 1 mana less to pull off. Plus, I can do it whenever. Secondly, I'm taking out the betrayal of Flesh, and replacing it with souless revival. It's cheaper, and splices into arcane. the distress and pious Kitsune are out also, and I put in Kistune Blade-master, a solid blocker. So, this is what the deck looks like now:

Creatures:20
Horobi, Death's Wail x2
8.5 tails x2
Yosei, the Morning Star x2
Ashen-skin Zubera x4
Silent-chant Zubera x4
Devoted Retainer x3
Kitsune Blade-master x3

Spells:12
Waking Nightmare x4
Devouring Greed x4
Souless Revival x4

Enchantments:4
Midnight Covenant x4

Lands:24
Swamp x14
Plains x10

Like before, I'm open to ideas and comments. Thanks guys.