VSRB

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Duel: It's more fun to make it as hard as possible to generate mana at all than to make it relatively hard to do so, despite the damage.
The land choices currently in use mandate that an Invasion tri-land be sacrificed, a Forsaken City be used, or a Red Mana Battery be played to get any red mana at all. The Cities would make it too easy.

Sageridder: But of course! That can go in place of the Lightning Darts! I needed something to replace those! That said, here is the new version:

4 Tinder Farm
4 Sulfur Vent
4 Forsaken City (ultra tech)
4 Meteor Crater (the only colored permanents are Goblin Bombs and Goblin Bombardments)
1 Rhystic Cave
4 Vertigo
4 Death Spark (no creatures)
4 Scorching Spear
4 Goblin Bomb
4 Goblin Bombardment (no critters)
4 Price of Progress (tens of damage for me and, on average, 4 for you)
4 Tribal Flames (0 damage)
4 Flare
4 Searing Wind
4 Meteor Shower
4 Red Mana Battery

What else will Planeshift hold for this deck?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I just remembered this thread, and decided it warranted another revision.

VSRB or RDL2001 V. 2.0.1

4 Tinder Farm
4 Forsaken City (ultra tech)
4 Meteor Crater
4 Thawing Glaciers (Thanks to Zadok001)
1 Rhystic Cave
4 Vertigo
4 Death Spark
4 Scorching Spear
4 Desperate Gambit (useful support spell)
4 Singe (HELL YEAH!)
4 Goblin Bomb
4 Price of Progress
4 Tribal Flames
4 Flare
4 Deadapult (necessary in today's environment)
4 Felwar Stone (see sideboard)

Sideboard
3 Great Wall
3 Undertow
3 Quagmire
3 Crevasse
3 Deadfall
(Now you see why I included Felwar Stone, don't you?)

[Thanks go out to Zadok for reminding me to replace Terminal Moraine with Thawing Glaciers, which is supremely better in this deck. -TICM]

Z

Zadok001

*clicks tongue*

OBVIOUSLY, Thawing Glaciers is better in that deck than Terminal Moraine! The Moraine has TWO abilities! :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by Zadok001
OBVIOUSLY, Thawing Glaciers is better in that deck than Terminal Moraine! The Moraine has TWO abilities!
Our fanatic friend Zadok001 here has exemplified the purpose, the very raisson d'être of this thread, this board, and this forum, by helping out a fellow Magic player search for the best cards for his deck. Magic, and, indeed, the rest of life, is a process of continuous revision in an attempt to reach a personal or group goal. Thus, the more help one gives another, the better. Finding which cards to put in a deck, or deciding who to beat up in the Battle Arena, are two such specific examples.
I am thoroughly pleased that there are people like Zadok001 on these fine boards who can aid a fellow player in need. I salute you! Consider the revision made!

BTW, I'm thinking maybe Ruination might be better than Price of Progress, but it isn't exactly in keeping with the theme, so I'm not sure which to use. Are there any suggestions?

P.S. (In all seriousness, the sad fact is that if you tried to build a GOOD mono-red creature-less IBC SRB deck, it wouldn't be much better than this.)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

4 Tinder Farm
4 Forsaken City
4 Meteor Crater
4 Thawing Glaciers
1 Rhystic Cave
4 Vertigo
4 Death Spark
4 Scorching Spear
4 Desperate Gambit
4 Singe
4 Goblin Bomb
4 Tribal Flames
4 Spitting Earth
4 Final Fortune
4 Deadapult
4 Ruination

Sideboard
3 Mana Clash
4 Goblin War Drums
4 Bedlam
4 Relentless Assault

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maybe, but I might want to use Jokulhaups instead, because that can be countered. Still, Obliterate is more expensive... Too bad neither can destroy your own Goblin Bomb (literally the only win method in this deck). :)

I think it's more of a sideboard idea.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

This version was delayed because I'm still not sure of what to include from Odyssey, but I might as well post what changes Apocalypse prompted...

4 Mossfire Valley
4 Forsaken City
4 Meteor Crater
4 Thawing Glaciers
1 Rhystic Cave
4 Vertigo
4 Death Spark
4 Scorching Spear
4 Desperate Gambit
4 Singe
4 Tahngarth's Glare
4 Goblin Bomb