Voting Topics

D

Dune Echo

Okay, everyone wants to vote on issues, right? Everyone wants their voice heard. So let's start making a list of simple issues:

I want EVERYONE to post something they feel WotC needs to address or something WotC is doing right and shouldn't change. For starters, let's put only 3 simple issues or kudos per person with no lengthy discussions for ease of tallying the number of how many people want to see a particular issue. Something like this:

>Waylay errata
>Dark Ritual banning
>Favorite Magic color(s)

Just put 3 things you would like people to vote on and we'll get the Polling Booth back up and once we have a large number of votes on the 3 subjects that are most requested.

For anyone that shares Almindra's opinion: It's okay not to post on this. You're not a slacker. This is just for those that need more. But we welcome your opinions and input.

I'm going to translate my sig line now as it seems very appropriate. The sig line came from Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time series and translates from the "Old Tongue" into "It's time to roll the dice."

W

Wizard2000

1. WotC's Reprint Policy... should it be trashed?

2. Should WotC produce :
a. 2 small expansions a year, 1 large set each other year
b. 3 small expansions a year, 1 large set each other year
c. 1 large expansion each year
d. etc....

3. What is the best expansion-based mechanic :
a. fading
b. echo
c. buyback
d. etc...

M

Mundungu

1 : Cards & Sets : Should there be "gold cards" again
2 : Rules : End of turn : how about interdicting response to the end of turn to avoid abuses like Waylay ?
3 : Do you feel that trample ability became too strong with the 6th edition rule ?

Dune Echo : great initiative. :)

D

Dune Echo

Okay, so far, this is the tally:

Waylay errata/end of turn issue: 2
Dark Ritual Banning: 2
Favorite Colors: 1
Reprint Policy: 2
Speed/size of sets coming out: 2
Best block mechanic: 1
Gold cards: 1 (they are coming back out, so I think Mundungu should get another choice)
Trample too strong?: 1

Everyone that wants to submit a topic, I'm giving it until Wednesday moring of next week. Then we'll start 3 separate discussion groups/threads and everyone needs to vote afterwards and then someone (Baron, you want to?) should write an article supporting the most popular consensus with mentions for the opposition. That way everyone gets there say, but the most popular side is stressed. I feel the article should then be forwarded to Wizards. I feel Elaine is a wonderful contact. I'm going to email her with her thoughts about establishing a direct contact with us.

Also, I appreciate the kudos, but the truth is, I'm just the lucky bastard that typed first. TomB, Mundungu, ChasDen and many others need the kudos a lot more than I. They all are trying to motivate us for something they feel is right and I'm really starting to agree with them. I think they need to be applauded much more than myself. But thank you anyway.

-Dune Echo

I applaud everyone here, you all are the ones that keep the site alive for me.

C

Chaos Turtle

1. Should future basic sets utilize so-called "block" mechanics?

a. Definitely Yes
b. Probably Yes
c. Probably No
d. Definitely No
c. Makes no difference to me

2. Should a basic set supplement like Chronicles be released on occasion?

a. Definitely Yes
b. Probably Yes
c. Probably No
d. Definitely No
c. Makes no difference to me

3. Should WotC put out sets at a different rate than they are now?

a. Yes, more sets!
b. No, it's fine now
c. No, fewer sets!
d. Makes no difference to me

side Note:
I know Elaine's a good contact and all, but as DCI Policy Admin is she the "right" contct for us? Just wondering if we should include others in our reporting.

Also:
I'd be happy to write opinions based upon votes. Of course, I'd prefer to write for whichever side I voted on. This reminds me of the way the Supreme Court will issue their rulings, with a Justice who voted in the minority assigned to write an opinion that explains that side's views.

C

Captain Caveman

1. Reprint Policy
2. Number of sets per year
3. Banned and Restricted Policy
(Revise it to become more like the Five
Color Magic Site B&R list)http://www.mixweb.com/nneenn/5color/index.html

O

Ophidian

1) Should WotC print more/less sets per year?
2) Should WotC exercise more patience when banning cards (I didn't know how to word this one)
3) What was the best set/block?

F

FoundationOfRancor

1) Favorite set?
2) Favorite block
3) Favorite mechanic
4) If mechanics should be brought back
5) Disolve the block ideas
6) Slower sets
7) More power cards
:cool: More balanced cards
9) Favorite color
10) You play by errta?

I like this idea.

G

galtwish

Definatly focus on set production speed/size

additionally
Chronicles/Anthologies--tourney legal expansions or collector's editions?
Block Mechanics--Should they come back (ACC in Masques/Nemesis)
Restricted list in T2/Extended
T1/T1.5 PT/GP/PTQ/GPT (esp. 1.5 due to Extended being changed)

That's it for now,
Erik

Z

Zadok001

Kudos to Dune. :)

1. Reprint Policy: Trash it?
2. Banning the Ritual: Banning black? (I actually have a bit of a unique rant/question on this, but I won't put it here...)
3. Production of Sets: Too little, too fast?

"Points for the good guys?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
1.)Cards we'd like to see returned to the basic set (check all that apply):

A) Serra Angel
B) Sengir Vampire
C) Black Knight
D) White Knight
E) Mahatmoti Djinn
F) Shivan Dragon
G) etc...

2.) Reprint Policy

A) No reprinting of Reserved list cards
B) Reprint selected cards with different card backs/art/as proxies, and market them as a collector's set
C) Reprint selected cards as originals, but specify beforehand they will be ineligible for T2 tourney play
D) Reprint selected cards in a "Chronicles II" set, and attach it to the current basic set. Cards would be eligible for T2 play
E) Reprint all the cards in a "Chronicles II" set, and make all of them legal for T2 play

3.) Set release frequency

A) Just like it is now - it's perfect
B) One large expansion, one small, per year. Basic set revised every 2 years.
C) Same as above, except with a stable basic set
D) Two smaller expansions per year, w/basic set revisions
E) Same as above, except w/stable basic set

4.) Banning and Errata policy

A) Fine just the way it is
B) Make it so cards must do 3 months on the watch list prior to B/E
C) Open dialogue w/players via a public forum on the WotC website, as well as polling players and store owners/tournament organizers prior to taking action on B/E
D) Bring back the Restricted list in T2 and Extended, and try restricting cards instead of banning them outright
E) Banning is evil. Implement better playtesting/playtesters to catch abusive cards/combos before they are released, and avoid banning altogether

I could go on, but I've already exceeded my 3. Sorry about that. I think all the ideas so far are terrific.

Thanks Dune! :)

TomB
CPA Member

T

The Magic Jackal

1) should gold cards return? (I like this one)
2) should wotc reprint the old power cards in a set that's not tournie leagal?
3) As wotc produces more and more magic cards, will it be necessary to open more formats to accomadate for all of the new cards?

C

Captain Caveman

I'd like to add another suggestion to my list

4. 7th Edition
A. What "classic" cards should it have?
2. Should it have special "black" border
versions of cards, ramdomly inserted.

G

Gizmo

1. Congratulations
2. They`re doing a great job.
3. Make 7th Ed a HUGE reprint from TSE block.

D

Dune Echo

Okay, one small note: Please only post three items you wish to see discussed MOST. Other things can be address later after the most popular stuff is out of the way. Also, please refrain from lenghty posts here. There will be plenty of discussion and suggestions when the top three items are choosen.

So far, the top three are:
Size/speed of sets coming out, with 7.
Banned/Restricted Policy (most of these have been kind of lumped together for simplicity): 4
Reprint Policy: 3

Here's the tally I have so far without repeat voting:
Reprint Policy: 5
Speed/size of sets coming out: 7
Best block mechanic: 1
Gold cards: 2 (they are coming back out, so I think Mundungu should get another choice)
Block mechanics in the basic set: 2
Chronicles II: 1
Banned/Restricted Policy: 4
Best block/set: 1
Basic set card mix: 1
New tournament formats: 1

Also, I think that the people that voted for gold cards need to revote. Gold cards are confirmed to be in Invasion.

Fountain of Rancor: I need you to resubmit your top three choices again, please. The top three on your list were pretty similar and I don't want to misunderstand what you feel is important.

[Edited by Dune Echo (04-15-2000 at 08:47 PM).]

[Edited by Dune Echo (04-17-2000 at 08:05 AM).]

F

FoundationOfRancor

WEll it was just
1) What is your favorite set?
2) What is your favorite series block (3 sets)
3)What is your favorite mechanic that is attached to only a single block (Haste is not an option, for example)

These are'nt really importatn questions wizards needs to address, they are just cool votin topics and I wouldnt mind to see what people think about them. Sorry for the confusion!

T

The Magic Jackal

FYI, you have reprint policy on there 3 times. as for changing my vote to gold cards (I didn't know there were going to be some in Prophecy, that's pretty cool)
here's my new topic- should WoTC start to make more cards of some of the old creature types? (hint, hint-Minotaurs)

I mean c'mon, when's the last time they made a good minotaur? what's the last good dwarf they made? rant, rant, rant

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
These are issues to be brought to WOTC, correct? FoundationofRancor's list seems to be more like a personal interest-type list.

1) Frequency of sets
2) Do we really need stand-alones?
3) Should the Restricted List be added back to Type 2 or Standard?

D

Dune Echo

Well, actually, this list is the "Top 3 Things the CPA Would Like to Discuss Right Now and Then Put Into the Voting Booth and Later Send to WotC the Results." (Say that all in a quick breath.)

Thanks for the note about the Reprint Policy thing, Jackal. And it's Invasion (the next standalone), not Prophecy that gold cards are coming back in.

So far, the top three votes are:
Size/speed of sets coming out, with 8.
Banned/Restricted Policy (most of these have been kind of lumped together for simplicity): 5

Speed/size of sets coming out: 8
Best block mechanic: 2
Gold cards: 1 (they are coming back out, so I think Mundungu should get another choice)
Block mechanics in the basic set: 2
Chronicles II: 1
Banned/Restricted Policy: 5
Best block/set: 2
Basic set card mix: 1
New tournament formats: 1
Bring back "Classic" creature types: 1

M

Mordecai

1) more old creature types (DWARVES!)
2) reprint policy