Vote

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Really? I did not know that. When did you start sending them in? So they don't have polling locations on Tuesday?
The November 2008 election was the last one in which Washington had polling locations, although I was already registered to receive absentee ballots anyway. I usually procrastinate, but this time I turned in my ballot about a week before the election.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, they recommend voting early (but, alas, not often) for that very reason. If there's a problem with one's signature, the voter could be contacted and the vote verified before election day if the ballot was turned in early enough.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hmmmm. Maybe it's the felon in me, but it seems like it would be fairly easy to gather (in a nefarious way) ballots from people who don't usually vote and submit them with acceptable signatures.
Or maybe it's just the total, unabiding skeptic in me.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You'd have to find people registered to vote, but who don't vote. You'd have to acquire their ballots, fill them out, sign each one, and drop them off. That's a lot of trouble to go to for what? A dozen extra votes? I guess if you really wanted to have more say than anyone else in deciding the next county assessor or something...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Or US Senator? And with less than 50% voter turnout, that's a sizable number of votes. Sure, it's a lot of trouble, but look at the money that is poured into these elections.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I wonder if they could publish a list of registered people who didn't vote/voted in the November election.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I was thinking you were saying how someone voted.

I did a little Googling; it appears the information is out there but not consolidated in easy or readable formats.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So , that data could be referenced against the registration rolls and then a list of those that did not vote could be published......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. I think it's already being done to some extent; on the first page of my Google results, there were some pages explaining how politicians campaigns target their audiences for mass mailings for whatever and that's one way they do it.