Viashivan Assault or Pandemonium Deck

D

Duel

This deck is known around me school as "The pandemonium deck" either because all 3 copies of that card in the school are in it, or because that's what it causes in other players. It's pretty effective, and works in both multiplayer and duel, though in duel it's a little slow It's 66 cards, so I'm trying to pare it down:

Lands:
9 Forests
11 Mountains (I'd put in pain lands if I had them)

Spells:
3 pandemoniums
2 sneak attacks
2 oath of druids
2 pack hunt
1 bifurcate (I want more)
2 goblin bombardment
2 greater good
1 abundance (to keep me from decking myself with greater good
2 fecundity
2 Mirri's guile
4 wild growth
1 Pattern of rebirth

Creatures:
2 Thorn elemental
1 Verdant Force
4 Weatherseed Treefolk
2 Avatar of might
2 Crash of rhinos
2 Rhoxi
4 gameskeeper
2 bloodshot cyclops
1 multani
1 skyshroud behemoth

P

Purple_jester

Thank goodness. I was worried this was just another Pande-Burst deck.

I like the idea. I got to thinking: You could make the ENTIRE deck revolve around two cards, Oath of Druids and Pandemonium. If you want to trim it down, you could try to weed out the unessentials to the central concept. It can be painful sometimes, but that's what building a theme deck is about.

I suggest analysing your green library-manipulation enchantments. Which of them work best for the deck, and which don't? You can remove the ones which seem less effective, be it Greater Good or Mirri's Guile or whatever.

Try to put your creatures into sets of more than 2, to make Pack Hunt and Bifurcate more effective (though getting more Verdant Forces and Skyshroud Behemoths might be a little difficult). For example, if you get another Avatar of Might, remove Crash of Rhinos. When you get more Bifurcates, you can remove the Pack Hunts entirely.

Once you trim it, and you find that it's still too slow, see if you can add at least 4 mana-acceleration cards, like Llanowar Elves, Walls of Roots or Vine Trellises.

PS. You've got 3 Pandemonium? I'm jealous. I've been looking for that card for some time now, wanting to build a Viashino-return to hand-cast again concept built around it. :)

D

Duel

I won't add creature mana. It disrupts my oath of druids and gameskeeper.

D

Duel

Oh, and as for the sugestions that I base my deck on oath and pandemonium, it started out like that. I've been adding things only because they make the deck stronger. With just oath, that's two creatures per turn, max. With all my other things (fecundity lets you draw, as does greater good, and sneak attack gets them out) it adds up to a lot more. Also, mirri's guile works with oath of druids, Greater good is to keep the creatures coming once sneak attack is out.
I wil try to consolidate the creatures though. Which ones? My suggesiton is
4 thorns
4 weatherseeds
4 avatars of might
2 multani or shyshroud

R

rakso

As someone who used Serra Avatar in his fun Oath of Druids deck, I humbly recommend it. :)