Venser, the Sojourner

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Defenestrator, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Defenestrator New Member

Any advise on using Venser for a multiplayer deck? I spent the Christmas money on eBay and got a playset of Venser, along with some SOlemn Simulacrum and Reveillark. I really want to be able to get maximum value from his blink ability and then build up to his ultimate.
    I built the following list on LackeyCCG:
    4 Glacial Fortress
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Hallowed Fountain
    2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
    2 Halimar Depths
    1 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Tundra
    4 Wall of Omens
    3 Aven Riftwatcher
    3 Gilded Drake
    3 Sea Gate Oracle
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    3 Mulldrifter
    2 Frost Titan
    3 Reveillark
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Cloudstone Curio
    4 Oblivion Ring
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Venser, the Sojourner
    Unfortunately I don't have the land (hence Simulacrum will be a good bet) or Drakes, and have only one Frost Titan, and Jace is in another deck (although I do have an Ajani and a couple of Jace Beleren). Drakes are especially good with Venser because his ability can be used on a card you OWN. Any other cards that could abuse this? I was thinking a single Puca's Mischief...
    Any suggestions for surviving until I hit the ultimate in a 3-4 player game?
    Also, I'm new to the CPA, so how do I autocard here?
    Cheers,
    D
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You can't, alas....
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

You should use something that reveals cards from your hand or library or whatever. Once your opponents see Venser, they'll write you off as a non-threat and focus on killing each other, buying you time to set up some ridiculous combo that you can use to win the game. I don't know what the combo will be yet, but I'll try to think of one...

But seriously, I can't immediately think of a way to make this card good. And that makes this a challenge!