4 Seal of Fire
3 Tremor
3 Pyroclasm
3 Repercussion
2 Wild Research
3 Æther Flash
2 Caltrops
1 Powerstone Minefield

This deck is probably pretty fragile (there is no way to search for the War-Riders, who are the backbone of the combo), but the whole Wrath everything away (with worse versions of Wrath) strategy should help with that.
I know this deck is bad, so how can I make it better?

A

Apollo

I, despite being a person who is not qualified to give much deck help, would suggest Dingus Staff. You're killing all those little dudes, so you might as well take a couple life every time. I made a deck like this that's in an article in the archive somehwere if you have the time and interest to find it.

S

Slug man

You have lots of ways to destroy the tokens made by the riders. Don't destroy them, use them to your advantage. Maybe use Soul Wardens, to gain loads of life, and then destroy them. Is there any way to take advantage of your opponent having loads of creatures? Thieves Auction allows you to get your share of them.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I would use Dingus Staff, but I have Repercussion, which, despite occasionally dealing less damage, is cheaper (and this is significant, because it lets me play an Æther Flash on turn 4, not turn 5).
If I used both I think it would weaken the deck.

However, I will replace the Voices of All with Soul Wardens (or maybe Soul Wardens and an Honorable Scout, which could give me more life if I'm going to cast a Wrath immediately after). Thanks for reminding me, Slug man!

I am tempted to replace at least one of the Marches of Souls (which are only good if I have another War-riders in hand anyway) with Mogg Infestation. This might be dangerous if I can't handle the creatures, but if I have an Æther Flash in play, they're screwed (even more so with Repercussion). heheheh...

Varchild's Wrath v.2

10 Mountain
5 Plains
4 City of Brass
4 Battlefield Forge
3 Bloodfire Dwarf
4 Varchild's War Riders
2 Soul Warden
1 Honorable Scout
1 Orim's Prayer
3 Wave of Reckoning
1 March of Souls
4 Seal of Fire
3 Tremor
3 Pyroclasm
3 Repercussion
2 Wild Research
3 Æther Flash
2 Mogg Infestation
2 Caltrops
1 Powerstone Minefield

Which do you think would be better: A Soul Warden, which eventually gives more life (if it stays in play that long), or an Honorable Scout, which gives a little less life than the Warden is capable of but does it all in one burst?

BTW, I included Powerstone Minefield and not an extra Caltrops because it works better with Repercussion and can be found with Wild Research.

S

Slug man

Soul Warden is better then Honorable Scout. The scout will give you a life for each creature that as been created so far. Whereas, the Soul Warden gives u life every turn, and will give you more and more every turn. Also the warden gains you life from other creatures you opponent casts. And if your opponent realises that you are using Honorable Scout he/ she (must be politically correct) will run all the dudes they get into your caltrops etc, but they have no option except to let you gain life with the Soul Warden.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Other than the fact that the Scout is two life for each creature, you're right. Also the Warden will help with non-black/red creatures.
-1 Honorable Scout
+1 Soul Warden

What are your thoughts on March of Souls vs. Mogg Infestation?
(Don't be offended if you know these already, but since Mogg Infestation is such an obscure card I want to make sure people know what it does.)

March of Souls
4W
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures. For each creature destroyed this way a player controls, that player puts a white 1/1 Spirit token into play with flying.

or

Mogg Infestation
3RR
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures target player controls. For each creature destroyed this way that player puts two 1/1 red Goblin tokens into play.

Certainly it would be better to pull a Mogg Infestation off than it would be to cast a March of Souls, but if I couldn't deal with them the Goblins would kill me twice as fast.
Which one do you think I should use?

M

Mikeymike

Mogg Infestation is far superior in your deck for a few reasons.

1) It produces double the amount of creatures, meaning Repercussion will do twice the damage.

2) It produces non-flying creatures which means your Bloodfire Dwarves can kill them.

3) More creatures means you also gain more life with the Warden/Scout.

BUT It just destroys creatures so they could potentially regenerate.

You have many, many ways of killing the the extra tokens so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Also I think the Wave's of Reckoning are unecessary with all your other removal and would be more dangerous if they were replaced with the Dingus Staff's (which are cheaper). Fire Ants are worth a look too.

K

krichaiushii

What about Searing Rays? This Invasion uncommon deals damage to each player equal to the number of creatures of any given color s/he controls. When you cast it, you pick the color...

This is defeated by Aether Flash, though...

Moonlit Wake would net you one life for each creature that went to the graveyard, which tokens do stop at on their way out of the game...

S

Slug man

Firstly, as already said, March of Souls if useless, as it replaces millions of 1/1's with the same amount of 1/1's with flying. However, I think you put too much emphasis on Aether Flash (basically your only way to win right?). My version on Apprentice uses Dingus Staff, but also Brand so that is too many are made then I can steal them all. I added black for tutoring, as I am not so keen on Wild Research. I can either win through dingus staff, which is how I usually do win, or I can steal all of the creatures and attack with them. The extra tutors make it more consistent and I also use Orims Prayer as a way to stop them from attacking me. And when the Staff comes out, they don't attack because they then lose creatures and therefore life as well.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Thanks for your comments! Because of all of them together I can refine my deck ver much (I think). Here's version 3:

14 Mountain
4 City of Brass
4 Battlefield Forge
1 Plains (I don't need that much white mana)
3 Bloodfire Dwarf
4 Varchild's War Riders
3 Soul Warden
4 Seal of Fire
2 Tremor
3 Pyroclasm
4 Repercussion
2 Wild Research
3 Æther Flash
4 Mogg Infestation
3 Moonlit Wake
2 Dingus Staff
1 Powerstone Minefield

The only reason I had wanted to use March of Souls is that the creatures would come into play again and would die to Æther Flash, but that isn't really necessary. Wave of Reckoning was a precautionary measure, in case they had many creatures of their own that were susceptible, but I suppose the deck can stand on its own.