Varchild's War-Riders/Caltrops

D

Dune Echo

Does anyone have any ideas for a decklist for this combo? Shower of Sparks and Lunge might actually be useful spells in a deck like this! Anything else that penalizes someone for having lots of creatures?

T

theorgg

crawlspace, pestilance, AEther flash, silibant spirit(I think... mi,3/3 pro-red,T: deal 1 damage to all creatures) even Invaision plans.

there are tons of things that complement the strategy.
Inferno/furnace of rath/repercussion.

I have been trying to get some more War Riders because the deck is EXTREMLY strong. I have seen a similar mono-red take fourth in a T1 tourney(albite in Missississippi) using caverns of dispair(from legends) instead of crawlspace.
If ths is intended to be a fun deck, forget about it. It is too good.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

B

Baron Sengir

What about Aether Sting?

I remain
The Baron
Addicted to back issues of Inquest

T

theorgg

I use to have one, I kept all my deck Ideas in a notebook and carried it everywhere.
It got stolen and ripped up by some rednecks about two and a half years ago.
I know this is going to sound weird, but many people DO have respect for the war riders.

I don't want anymore people victimized by there allured terrors. talk to simoon for some stench of evil on Varachild's finest. just make sure not to cause potintial freinds's demise due to the horrible pestilences of the deck. If you choose to play with theese low-down crawling assassins. you may have to balance the odds to some extent, but just don't do it once more with feeling! don't go weak and get stoned! the deck is chaos; your opponant may moon you while playing it. do you have the baubles? can you make your thallads and eat them too, you elf? If you beat somone with a deck prepared by the raiders of Varchild, stand at heaven's gate,beond the tabernacle at pendrell veil and it's mists and pray you don't becomejovial with evil. this deck is so horrible you may have to put it on some scales and weigh the possiblility of discarding it to save your good name....

you have been warned.

sic semper,

[Edited by theorgg (10-11-1999 at 04:41 PM).]

[Edited by theorgg (10-11-1999 at 04:42 PM).]

-theorgg

T

theorgg

catch my drift?

-theorgg

D

Dune Echo

Well, theorgg, it's going to be a fun deck. How many people laughed at Varchild's Wa-Riders when it first came out? Any deck you can make out of this card will be different, thus FUN!

Anyone have any Varchild's War-Riders for trade? I can get plenty of Caltrops and I have a Crawlspace.

theorgg, do you have a decklist for the deck you mentioned that I can get ideas from?

-----------
Dune Echo

I think that Orgg on tv sure kicked "Bob from acountting"'s ass!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Orgg, that's tremendous! I'm laughing like hell right now!!

I feel better.

Yeah. I was actually thinking of the enchantment from Mirage, Barbed Foliage, I think, to discourage your opponents from attacking you with the tokens, and if you put both that and Caltrops in a deck you'll probably have at least one of them in hand by the time you've got the mana to cast them!

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

T

theorgg

can anyone guess the 19 cards/strategies I was nameing?

oh, and Dune, how goes thy deck of pure evile?

are your opponants dying from deflected collected unconcien...
no, that doesn't work...
nevermind.

-theorgg

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Orgg, I think the card you were trying to think of a ways up this thread was Subterranean Spirit. I think it was in Mirage.

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor