Vanilla Warped Devotion

R

Reverend Love

Here's my quite Vanilla Warped Devotion deck.

The Temporal Adepts will be replaced once I win some off Ebay..but for now.

The fatties are O.K...but I know the collective genius of the CPA can come up with something better.

Might need some critter control but I've yet to actually even test this thing so don't know.

Lots of drawing to feed the Waterfront bouncers.

Compulsion works nicely with Animate Dead..hopefully I'll get an opponents fatty too :)

Comment/Suggestions?

Main Cards: 4
4Warped Devotion

Bounce: 6
4 Recoil
2 Boomerangs

Creatures: 11
2 Will’O The Wisp
3 Waterfront Bouncers <-- Bouncer
2 Temporal Adepts <-- Bouncer
1 Hypnox
1 Laquatus’s Champion
1 Visara the Dreadful
1 Spirit of the Night
1 Commander Greven il-Vec
1 Karn Silver Golem

Spells: 16
4 Dark Rituals
4 Accumulated Knowledge
1 Fact or Fiction
2 Compulsion
4 Animate Dead
1 Demonic Tutor

Land: 23
4 Underground Sea
2 Polluted Delta
2 Tainted Isle
9 Islands
6 Swamps

T

Troll

Man-o-War
2U
When Man-o-War comes into play, retrn target creature to owners hand.
2/2

Wash Out
3U
Sorcery
Choose a color. Return all permanants of the chosen color to owners hands.

Equilibrium
2UU
Enchantment
Whenever you play a creature you may pay 1. If you do, return target creature to owners hand.

T

train

Capsize?...

Tradewind and Man-o-wars?...

just thoughts...

But what would really kick someone in the keister with this is Bazaar of Wonders...

T

Tabasco

Wash out!!!!

I love rushing river!!

Also I dont know if you realize that Hypo costs 11 but I can see if your using it for reanimation. I also thought that Megrim would help think of all the discard and urza's guilt would work well (10 damage).

seal of removals are good!!

I would go:

2 champs
2 Visara
and add megrims

I think you are going for more control based so not as many fatties would be better.

I once played a deck which had no creature except for bouncers and spells and it disrupted so much until it could urza's guilt with megrim in play for mega damage.

it ran: rush river, seal removal, warp devot, megrim, bouncers, guilt, and some other spells. Virtually everything in the deck had synergy with another card.

Hope that helps

R

Reverend Love

Megrim is VERY much overdone in my playgroup..someone is ALWAYS dropping it..so that's the reason for it not showing up.

Washouts are good..I'll find room for 2.

What I meant to say is Temporal Adepts of a temporary filler until I can win some Tradewind Riders off Ebay.

I just realized the Reanimating the Hypnox won't remove their hand from the game...so he's out.

Capsize is good too...need more room!

Killer Joe

Waterspout Djinn or whatever the name of the Djinn from Invasion block that sends all creatures back to owner's hand when when CIP and you've paid the kicker.

Evacuation

or Upheaval

G

GauntletKing

umbilicus- artifact: at the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player returns a creature to its owner's hand

Gilded Drake- exchange control of target creature and gilded drake, then bounce it with man-o war or umbilicus

Braids- everyone else sac a permanent on their turn, return braids on your upkeep and play her freshly

I cant even tell what the main focus of the deck is, but bounce and creature destruction is great. Any flying fat will do when that is going well.

I like the seal of removal too.

capsize will lock most games. Umbilicus puts a creature back, braids does a permanent, you capsize a land.......

yucky capsize

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Much as I love Capsize, I have to agree, at least in my group. When I play it, I either start to get bashed on immediately or if the game is too much in my favor, the others concede.

Of course, it could be different in your group :)

T

train

or if the game is too much in my favor, the others concede
They usually do this when you drop a blue mana producing card huh spidey?...;) :D

T

train

blue they can handle
Well - knowing a little about your play style - I can see that... but that's only because you're not the big control player some are...

"But Blue is Blue - no matter what shade of Blue...":D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one other guy plays blue sometimes... lots for card-drawing and whatnot, not so much for countering (though he does use them a little and Undermine).

G

GauntletKing

In our group, the blue mage gets stomped so badly from all sides that she must try another deck or face the same every game. Counters cannot stop 4 other players so easily. Heavy blue countering is meant for backup to the guy playing the cool combo deck.

Hopefully that's me, because I don't want my stuff countered:D

R

Rooser

My old Warped Devotion Deck rolled with Sunken Hope - a card too often overlooked - and Chimeric Idols. Washout, Rushing River, and Recoil reounded out the rest of the bounce. Maybe seals were in it too. Evacuation and/or Sunder can be hilarious too, but don't go with Upheaval on this one. Chimeric Idols are an excellent kill condition because they get around all the mass bounce, (They're neither colored nor creatures, heh heh, and can still be activated after a Sunder).

M

mythosx

Im not sure if this is good. But since your trying to go for thier creatures... how about a Scion of Darkness? Might fare better in multi play to be able to pull creatures constantly from grave yards.

T

train

There's the cheaper versions of bone dancer and coffin queen also...