Vanguard Multiplayer!

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd like to propose a multiplayer game with vanguard cards. It would be a standard free-for-all multiplayer game. You can all use your own actual decks(I trust you:p ).

I'd suggest using a creature deck, as most vanguard cards deal with creature bonuses.

We would use the rules my playgroup has come up with for the vanguard cards:

Each person will get 2 random Vanguard cards, 1 card is dealt from the top of the Vanguard "deck" to each person, then a second. Each person may trade in 1 or both of their Vanguards for new random cards, however they may only trade in once. whatever you get after you trade in you are stuck with. Simply combine the starting life and max/starting hand size of both your Vanguards.

I'll do the Vanguard deals in alphabetical order, except with myself being dealt last, since I'll be the dealer.

If you'd like to join this game, just post here. I'd like to start either tomorrow or friday, but it depends on how many people join, and what days are convenient.

I'd like to get 4-6 players including myself in on this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll do it, but if you aren't aware, I'm off the weekends so the game might grind to a halt. I can give my play to a non-player though.

Does everyone get their Vanguard cards and then you see if you want new ones, or does it go one player at a time?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

everyone gets their vanguard cards, then you see if you want any new ones, all cards traded back in are put at the bottom of the vanguard "deck" so its not likely you'll be getting a card someone else traded back in. I don't see it being a problem waiting on the weekends.

So far the order is:

Spidey
WickedBoy
Azreal

W

WickedBoy6

I don't see it as a problem, either. One question though, is are we playing with only Vanguard Series 1, or with all 4 series in the pile?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'll wait until noon if anyone else wants in(i'd thought train would be in on this, well...eh). Then I'll deal out the Vanguards, and you guys can decide what you'll keep or trade in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought so too... he hasn't been on "regularly" though 'cause of other stuff, so maybe he just missed this...

W

WickedBoy6

& I've already got a deck picked out. I'll assume it's T1. If not, I can easily edit my deck (There's only 1 restricted card in it).

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Yeah, Type 1 sounds fine, but I suppose it really doesn't matter all that much, Vanguard is about as casual as it gets :D. I'll be playing my Enchantress deck.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

don't feel bad Spidey, My enchantress deck is untested, I just got the cards to complete it in the mail yesterday:D

W

WickedBoy6

This deck is also untested, so we're all in pretty much the same boat.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Alright I'm gonna deal out the Vanguard Cards now, I'll go through the order once, then again, and then Spidey will get the chance to trade in, Wicked, then me.

Spidey: 1st Vanguard:
Greven il Vec
Starting & max handsize -1
starting life +2
Whenever any of your creatures damages any creature, bury the damaged creature

WickedBoy: 1st Vanguard:
Rofellos
Starting & max handsize -2
Starting life +4
Whenever a creature you control is put into the graveyard from play, draw a card.

Azreal: 1st Vanguard:
Tawnos
Starting & max handsize +3
Starting life -4
You may play artifact, creature, and enchantment spells any time you could play an instant.

Spidey: 2nd Vanguard:
Gix
Starting & max handsize -2
Starting life +18
3: return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

Wicked: 2nd Vanguard:
Lyna
Starting & max handsize +2
Starting life -4
All creatures you control gain shadow

Azreal: 2nd Vanguard:
Urza
Starting & max handsize -1
Starting life +10
3: Urza deals 1 damage to target creature or player

Spidey you have the first option to trade in, and I would, that blow to your handsize is kinda nasty.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

your hand and life even out Wicked. all you creatures have shadow, and when they die they get replaced in your hand:D. By your reaction I take it your fine with your vanguards?

i start with a hand of 9 and at 26 life, i think i'll keep Urza, i don't want to take the chance of getting someone who will lower my life. I doubt I'll use Urza's ability, but Tawnos rocks!

Spidey would start with a hand of 4 and at 40 life, all his creatures would have "venomous fangs" and he could pay 3 to ressurect them, not too bad, I had to deal with a max hand of 2 once...i think I won that game:cool:

W

WickedBoy6

Maybe he might junk Greven & pray for some increase in handsize. I'm pondering if I really need either of my cards, really. I'm normal in cards & life, which is good (no drawbacks) but I'm wondering if this deck really would work with "Shadow".