USA offshoot from "Blame it on Inflation?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Multani

You're trying to justify insulting people.
Look, everyone at the CPA is not trying to change your opinion.
And again, the fact that you believe you think you know everthing about Military History leads many people to believe you are arrogant.
You belittle members here, and we do not like to be belittled. If you want people to change their opinions, you'd better change your tone, not to mention your attitude.
So far, you have not impressed me. As far as I know, the only thing you're telling me is that you're a self-claimed know-it-all who doesn't know the first thing about right and wrong.
As far as I know, you only know how to collect facts. But you make the ignorant assumption that facts are always right.
Reality check.
Facts are ALWAYS being manipulated. That is why there are so few things in life that are not opinions. If the basis of truth can be manipulated, how can the truth be found.
Besides, no side is competely right or wrong in any war....

"Proving another to be wrong does not necessarily make me right, just as the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend. Such are the rules of life. Nothing is absolute."

M

Mr USA

Multani: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Or in other terms: you are 14, can't vote, can't drink alcohol and can't drive. How can you challenge my assertions? Please finish high school before refuting my statements (which are strongly ground in history books, documentaries and magazine articles).

In my defense -> I never said America was without flaws. In prior posts, I agreed that the US was guilty of dirty deeds - just not in the context of WW2.

M

Mr USA

Duel: Why do I have to be the one who substantiates my points? I've already done that. Did you not read my post where I quoted six books backing my case? I put in the time to show you I knew what I was talking about. Let's put the onus on you, since you are the one making the point. Look into YOUR sources and show me how I am wrong.

D

Duel

Well, I'm glad you feel that way. How about Baskil? He finished high school and espoused the same sentiments. How about Chaos Turtle? You seem to think that we're wrong because we're young. While it'd be nice to believe that, It's a safe bet that I've read more books than the average adult in America. It's also a safe bet that I have a higher IQ than the average adult, or my SAT scores are hgher than yours, just on average. And after hearing what you've been explaining, I think that after a good deprogramming, you might turn out to be an intelligent and productive member of society. IF you learn to use facts in your arguments.

You're over 21, so you can kill yourself any way you want. By popular demand, automobile, or slowly wiping out brain cells. It takes no effort to determine the course you chose. Please come back with facts.

Mr. USA: I have yet to find a source claiming that the US's actions in World War 2 was completely right in what they did and their motivation. Find one for me. You're better than I am at it because you're older, right? So find me this source, because all my history books and websites say nothing of the kind.

M

Multani

Mr. USA:

The only thing your age tells me is how long you have lived, and when you were born.
The only thing your degree tells me is that you have told me that you have sat in a certain college classroom for a certain number of hours.
The only thing you reading history books is tells me is that you can read and can regurguitate facts from whatever books you have read
The only thing you being able to drink tells me is that you like to poison yourself for pleasure.
The only thing you being able to drive tells me is that you can move you hands in a circular motion and can turn a steering wheel...

Out of everything that you have told about yourself, not one even remotely tells me you have knowledge about the subject.

And the fact that I can't vote, can't drink (Actually, I've drunk wine in China, and it tasted pretty good), and can't drive is irrelevant.
The fact is you, have yet to impress me or to convince me that you are right.
Also, the fact that you stated books, magazines, and articles as justification for your view means you haven't read my post, which leads me to believe you are illiterate, or afraid to read my post in fear that a 14-year old boy might know some things you have never even imagined.

And what is there to refute? The only thing you have said is how pathetic and uninformed we all are. All you have stated are opinions. I can not and will not refute opinions because it would be pointless, especially with a stubborn and ignorant being like you.

I will however tell you that this 14-year old boy knows how to present his opinions, hosts a monthly political corner, is an influential member of this community, has great potential in the future, and has an open mind, which is more than I can say for you.

Sometimes, I think children see more clearly than the oldest adult. Sometimes, it pains me that I will grow up to arrogance and ignorance. That I will never have the clarity of perception as I had as a child.

I withdraw my comment about not sinking down to your level. Why? Because as long as I keep my eyes open, I can never sink down to your level no matter how much I insult you.
So I will say it now.
You are the average Joe who thinks he knows everything, but in fact, knows nothing. You are an arrogant pig that does not belong in a community who has open eyes. The fact that you are so smug in your self-arrogance sickens me....

Crawl back into the sewers in which you came from. You have no place in this community....

M

Mr USA

Duel: I'm glad you read as much as you do, but reading the Hardy Boys and Star Wars novels doesn't entail having a background in topics of military history. Also, getting a 1500 on your SAT doesn't instantly grant you knowledge about all subjects.

"IF you learn to use facts in your arguments." - your words

This is a broad statement. Which of my facts are non-facts?

M

Mr USA

Multani: I'm sure you are a good kid with a good future ahead you. I have no beef with you, except to say that you probably don't have the necessary knowledge about the subject here in the wrestling ring. What kind of monthly political corner do you run? Don't worry, I'm not looking for dirt, I'm genuinely curious.

P.S. I did read your post.

M

Multani

You'd be surprised at how much I know.
I may not be able to cite the battles in order, but I've read my share of miscellaneous WW2 books in the past....
And given a few months, I could be just as well-versed in the was as you are...

D

Duel

Mr. USA, you have no facts for me to make non-facts out of. except that the USA was good. That's about it, that's the biggest non-fact.

M

Mr USA

"Mr. USA: I have yet to find a source claiming that the US's actions in World War 2 was completely right in what they did and their motivation. Find one for me. You're better than I am at it because you're older, right? So find me this source, because all my history books and websites say nothing of the kind."

Correction, you have no sources. If you do, then accept my challenge and show me two or three that support your point of view that the United States' actions in WW2 were not on the side of righteousness. If not, then my point is made.

M

Mr USA

"And given a few months, I could be just as well-versed in the was as you are..."

An interesting statement, but I wouldn't be so certain. I have been studying WW2 since the time I lived in Europe. I was 10 at the time and am now 29. The kick off of my love for the subject happened when I visited the beaches of Normandy and looked out of a bunker onto Omaha beach.

Military history - I hope you keep up with it. It is a fasinating topic that carries itself into so many other areas. Unfortunately, not too many Americans care to learn about it.

U

Ura

I'm somewhat curious after reading this banter...though its more like a pair of mountain sheep headbutting each other trying to make the other fall unconcious...
Mr.USA, you say you are well read, what is your definition of well read, beyond the 6 titles you mentioned and saying you've read magazine articles ect. just how much have you read. 50 book? 100, 200 perhaps? Do tell.

D

DÛke

...In reading this thread, all I have to say is that I'm really enjoying Mr. USA's point of views. I also happen to, um, agree. :)

M

Mr USA

"though its more like a pair of mountain sheep headbutting each other trying to make the other fall unconcious..." - heh, heh, very good analogy.

I had a subscription to the Military History magazine for several years - and now have an active subscription to the WW2 magazine. I've read roughly 30 books about WW2, not counting a dozen or so reference books. I own and have watched documentaries on tape as well as countless hours logged watching the History channel. I've also traveled abroad, to European countries rich in WW2 history, and spent much time in museums and battle sites. Does that count as well versed?

N

Namielus

Ok lets try this spin, I should know a ton about women. They laundry my clothes, they constantly yell at me, I've talked with a lot, they like to slap me, they like it too much, I interact with women all day long, I read books by women, my face is hurting stop...

Does this mean I can get a date, no.

So why do you know anything about history?

Could you to muse us just list some of the books you have read, cause "KKkindness to blacks" and "Jew burner" don't count as unbiased sources not that I think you have anything against those races but cause I'm to sleep to come up with anything original.

Just list some sources. And if you count walking into a publicly funded museum, your walking straight into propaganda.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm sorry, but this thread has degenerated even further into name-calling and insults and not enough about rational explanations/debates/point of view. I'm closing the thread and y'all can exchange PMs and email addresses if you want to continue.

If someone chooses to start up a new thread, I will immediately[/i] close it and delete any further attempts at startups if further insults are forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.