US Nationals Champ Charles Gindy DQ'ed at Worlds; Team USA DQ'ed from team play

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Charles Gindy has been disqualified from Worlds after failing to maintaining the state of the game from the ability of Master of the Wild Hunt

Gindy tapped Master, along with a 2/2 wolf and a 3/3 wolf) to kill off one of Manuel Brevand's creatures, but failed to inform Brevand that he was allowed to deal two damage back at one/both of the wolves. Gindy pointed this out after the game was through and Brevand called for a judge. After realizing that Gindy knew that his opponent had to deal the damage and did nothing to point this out, the US Nationals Champion was disqualified for Fraud.

Not to say that I agree with the DQ or anything, but this definitely demonstrates the increased severity of rules infractions and subsequent punishments at higher level events.

Rather than allow Brad Nelson to replace Gindy as the alternate, the judges have disqualified Team USA (also including Adam Yurchick and Todd Anderson) from the team competition.

After 9 rounds, Yurchick sits 47th, Anderson sit 268th and Nelson sits 29th.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I don't agree with the ruling as it states "as its controller chooses among any number of those Wolves."

Any number can be "0"... so what if he had chosen to deal the damage to "0" of them?...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think the point was Brevand didn't know he had to choose a number, so he never got the opportunity to do so. It was Gindy's responsibility to make sure the ability was carried through properly.

Again, not saying that I agree with the DQ.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I understand maintaining game state - but I view it as no different than the passing of priority...

If a card is played against you - especially at the worlds level - you should read the sucker if you don't play it yourself... If you don't understand it - and you don't choose to do something, I don't think your opponent should ask you to do so...

It would be like me knowing what is in my opponent's blue hand and asking "are you gonna counter it with your _______"

Ain't gonna happen...