Urza, the Legendary Thread

Discussion in 'Storyline' started by chocobo_cid, May 19, 2004.

1. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

What do we know about Urza and Mishra in the official story? They were brothers and artificers. Urza created the Thrans/Metathrans.

What else?
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, I did a quick search on magicthegathering for "urza" and found a host of info, too much to spill here. But as far as I can tell, Urza did NOT create the Thran - they existed before him. He wanted to use their technology to defeat the Phyrexians.

Read all about Urza here
  3. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Umm... :rolleyes: Phyrexia also has a nice little resource that I use from time to time...

Urza

Mishra
  4. Doombringer Durandal

Ive read that Urza and mishra found a powerful artifact, i think a power stone, which they fought over, and began the brothers war. at the end one of them used a superpowerful artifact which blew huge amounts of debris into the atmosphere as an after effect. that created the ice age on dominaria. if you go to
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/products/storylinesummaries
    theres summarys to all the blocks.
  5. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Mightstone and Weakstone would be the *two* artifacts they found and fought over. If you've seen the two cards, you'd laugh at the premise. Truly. Hard, gut-busting laughter that two brothers would fight to the death and wreck their world...over those two pile of crap cards.
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

they are pile-o-crap cards...

but for gobbos, they ain't no small bat ding...;)
  7. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Even goblins, as stupid as they may be*, would still rather use Goblin Shrine than the horrible artifacts that dang near ripped Dominaria apart.

*And they're turd worshipers, to boot!
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I thought the Mightstone and Meekstone were the two pieces that resulted AFTER they fought over the one artifacts... in other words, it broke in two and the 'Stones were the result...
  9. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Umm...

Hope that helps...
  10. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Yes. Mightstone and Weakstone*. Very bad cards.

*not Meekstone

Look them up and have a laugh at what the Brother's War was fought over. ;)
  11. Reverend Love New Member

Urza is French for "Knife sweat", the adopted son of a carpenter he went on to use his "magic" for acting in many theatrical plays and comedies during the renaissance period. He's most widely known for his brilliant interpretive dance of the Epic Buttermoons Butt-Wipe. Many consider him the father of performance art.

The only known Man-Cow. Mishra has been speculated to be the most prolific bull stud to ever exist. He's been credited for breeding into existence Holsteins and Shelton ponies. The National Dairy counsel has honored him with several lifetime achievement awards along with immortalizing him mid-coitus with a life size sculpture of he and a heifer. Mishra’s additionally responsible for organizing the grass roots protest of bovine dependant glues.
  12. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

Hey you have to remember they were a bunch of sissies back then. Any magic would have been awesome. Heck I would be happy if I found and artifact that would save me time walking to my bathroom.
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So I was correct in thinking that it was once one 'Stone that broke into two (somehow), becoming the Might and Weakstone...