Urza, the Legendary Thread

C

chocobo_cid

What do we know about Urza and Mishra in the official story? They were brothers and artificers. Urza created the Thrans/Metathrans.

What else?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I did a quick search on magicthegathering for "urza" and found a host of info, too much to spill here. But as far as I can tell, Urza did NOT create the Thran - they existed before him. He wanted to use their technology to defeat the Phyrexians.

Read all about Urza here

D

Doombringer

Ive read that Urza and mishra found a powerful artifact, i think a power stone, which they fought over, and began the brothers war. at the end one of them used a superpowerful artifact which blew huge amounts of debris into the atmosphere as an after effect. that created the ice age on dominaria. if you go to
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/products/storylinesummaries
theres summarys to all the blocks.

N

Notepad

Mightstone and Weakstone would be the *two* artifacts they found and fought over. If you've seen the two cards, you'd laugh at the premise. Truly. Hard, gut-busting laughter that two brothers would fight to the death and wreck their world...over those two pile of crap cards.

T

train

they are pile-o-crap cards...

but for gobbos, they ain't no small bat ding...;)

N

Notepad

Even goblins, as stupid as they may be*, would still rather use Goblin Shrine than the horrible artifacts that dang near ripped Dominaria apart.

*And they're turd worshipers, to boot!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the Mightstone and Meekstone were the two pieces that resulted AFTER they fought over the one artifacts... in other words, it broke in two and the 'Stones were the result...

N

Nightstalkers

Umm...

Quoted from Phyrexia.com's Urza summary:
It was upon one day that the archaeologists stumbled upon the wreck of an ancient Thran flying machine, an ornithopter. The Brothers’ and their peers immediately set out to rebuild this wondrous machine. The construction was a success, and Urza was the first human since the Thran who had enjoyed the thrill of the skies. Mishra followed his brother into the sky, returning with a discovery that astounded everyone greatly. There were markings in the desert, depicting mythical creatures of old. Urza quickly transformed these drawings into a series of mathematical equations, each detailing a possible Thran dig site, with a central site of particular importance in the midst of the lesser ones. Together, Urza, Mishra, and Tocasia set out in the ornithopter to uncover the secrets of the Thran.

After barely escaping an encounter with a desert roc, the three adventurers found themselves upon the ancient ruins of Halcyon, center of Thran enlightenment. Urza renamed these ruins Koilos, after the Old Argivian word for “secret”. Upon exploring the ruins, they discovered a central room housed deep within a series of caves. In the center of this room, an ancient powerstone sat upon a pedestal. History is questionable upon which Brother touched the stone first, but both Brothers soon found themselves the owner of one half of the powerstone they coveted. Unfortunately, this discovery came at a price. The Thran artifact creatures which had guarded the powerstone had been awakened and sought to destroy their liberators. Urza used the power of his gem on the creatures, but only succeeded in making them more powerful. The trio fled, until it was apparent that Mishra must try his own gem. His gem had the exact opposite affect, weakening the su-chi until they could only lumber towards them. The trio escaped the ruins, quickly finding themselves once again the prey of the giant roc. However, in a fit of ingenuity Urza managed to restore one of the ruined Thran spider-like artifact creatures nearby. The elder brother used this machine to destroy the roc, which was sent crashing into the pursuing su-chi warriors.
Hope that helps...

N

Notepad

Yes. Mightstone and Weakstone*. Very bad cards.

*not Meekstone

Look them up and have a laugh at what the Brother's War was fought over. ;)

R

Reverend Love

Urza is French for "Knife sweat", the adopted son of a carpenter he went on to use his "magic" for acting in many theatrical plays and comedies during the renaissance period. He's most widely known for his brilliant interpretive dance of the Epic Buttermoons Butt-Wipe. Many consider him the father of performance art.

The only known Man-Cow. Mishra has been speculated to be the most prolific bull stud to ever exist. He's been credited for breeding into existence Holsteins and Shelton ponies. The National Dairy counsel has honored him with several lifetime achievement awards along with immortalizing him mid-coitus with a life size sculpture of he and a heifer. Mishra’s additionally responsible for organizing the grass roots protest of bovine dependant glues.

M

mythosx

Hey you have to remember they were a bunch of sissies back then. Any magic would have been awesome. Heck I would be happy if I found and artifact that would save me time walking to my bathroom.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So I was correct in thinking that it was once one 'Stone that broke into two (somehow), becoming the Might and Weakstone...