ur-dragon.

M

mythosx

what good is that new dragon legend? I couldn't figure out how to crack that bad boy. sure you could use it as a cheaper version of some of the more expensive dragons. But I couldn't figure out how to break him. Any suggestions?

D

DarthFerret

Breaking him will be hard in the standard format, however, in limited, would be pretty easy I think. Build the white in your deck around ressurection type cards....throw in a few cauldron dances....(always fun...) and use the blue with fact or fictions and with some recursion stuff. Gets a little complicated, but I think it would work out in the end.

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Dragon Arch....

Only thing I'm going to say about him.

L

Limited

Obviously, it should some kind of reanimator deck..

And making it a Dragon Toolbox deck could be kinda nice. If you get this into play, you can pay (2) to get a Hunted Dragon to turn it into a 6/6 haste, without giving tokens to your opponent.
If some opponents kills it, turn him into Keiga in response. If it gets through unblocked (by making it an TwoHeaded Dragon), turn it into Nicol Bolas to have your opponent discard their hand or into a Dragon Tyrant for massive damage.

If you really want to do broken things, I suggest playing a Conspiracy (naming Dragon) and turning it into a 12/12 trample (with the Phyrexian Dreadnought's drawback)

M

mythosx

Limited said:
Obviously, it should some kind of reanimator deck..

And making it a Dragon Toolbox deck could be kinda nice. If you get this into play, you can pay (2) to get a Hunted Dragon to turn it into a 6/6 haste, without giving tokens to your opponent.
If some opponents kills it, turn him into Keiga in response. If it gets through unblocked (by making it an TwoHeaded Dragon), turn it into Nicol Bolas to have your opponent discard their hand or into a Dragon Tyrant for massive damage.

you cant actually do this if you have already used the ability once in the turn. since it becomse a copy of the new dragon it loses its ability till the end of the turn.

I've done a little more research and it seems to be game breaking with the new suspend version of living death. with the ability to pop out massive amounts of dragons on turn 6 or 7.

L

Limited

mythosx said:
you cant actually do this if you have already used the ability once in the turn. since it becomse a copy of the new dragon it loses its ability till the end of the turn
Man! I totally missed that. :(
But combining it with the new Living Death can be pretty nasty.