Untold Stories

F

FoundationOfRancor

Two stories that I would love to read/hear about:

1) Crovaxs Family History
In Rath and Storm, Orim talks somewhat of how Crovaxs family was very corrupt, and that they alot to hide. I also remember that without Selenia, his family was picked off one by one (Not sure by what, one of the things im curious about) and that they all blamed him.

2) The History of Rath
Mainly, the evincars. I also want to read/hear about the fight between Volrath and his preceder.

Anyway, do any of you guys know these stories? Want to know the stories? Know where I can get them?

N

Necrosavant

Hell Yeah.
Crovax also mentions that as Urza was to Gerrard, Yawgmoth was to him. Except for the begining of the Nemesis novel, we don't really get any specifics on what he means. More Crovax stuff!
The Evincars....Grubb or King need to start writing now :)
Who came after Croag and before Volrath?
Mesa want the scoop ;)

T

The Magician

I know what Crovax meant.

Urza was to Gerrard what Yawgmoth was to Crovax.

Urza spent years cultivating the perfect hero -- Gerrard. Urza is Gerrard's "father".

Yawgmoth spent years cultivating the perfect adversary. Whether that was originally Volrath, and Crovax was merely the back-up plan or Crovax was destined from the start to be the Evincar at the point of the Overlay, it doesn't matter. Yawgmoth is Crovax's "father".

Both Gerrard and Crovax are pawns in the chess match that exists between Urza and Yawgmoth. Everything they do is following a prearranged course set for them.

N

Necrosavant

Well, yah, I got that.
But we have all these books detailing Urza's plans and execution of said plans. We know some of Volraths early history, from Rath and Storm. But do we know about Volrath and Crovax the detail we know about <ugh> Gerrard? It's be cool to get the inside scoop on the Dark Side.
Go Phyrexia!

F

FoundationOfRancor

I second what your saying Necro, I wanna get the skinny on the bad guys! Im sick of them being shrouded in mystery.

...and I want to know about Crovax dammit!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

crovax was conditioned to be the evincar of rath since his birth, think about it, when selenia was taken from serra's realm, she was given to crovax's family, probably as a means to control him later, as yawgmoth does when he shows crovax that he has brough selenia back. and then two phyrexian agents(morinfen and gallowbraid attack crovax and his family, just as the weatherlight conviently arrives in time to save crovax and take him to wrath, where he kills selenia, causing him to become a vampire/demon, where he is very distraught and easily overtaken and "fixed" by the phyrexians

N

Necrosavant

Ok...
I know some of that was hinted somewhere <in R&S, maybe?>
and now that I think about it, the flavor text for Persecute...but it's all kinda fuzzy. And if 'Vax was the one for Evincar, why was Phyrexia so hot on Volrath? He really kinda dropped the ball....
<and i thought he was so cool when i opened my box on Nemesis,,,then i read the book, and he was pretty much just a punk :"(>